My Mya-Moe build has begun!

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It wasn't scheduled to start until Tuesday February 21, but the build for my Mya-Moe striped myrtle tenor tradition is underway. You can see it here. And yes, I'll probably be visiting the Mya-Moe Shop Tracker several times a day for the next few weeks! :)

Last edited:
That's a cool feature.

My ears are opening to Mya Moe clarity.

It wasn't scheduled to start until Tuesday February 21, but the build for my Mya-Moe striped myrtle tenor tradition is underway. You can see it here. And yes, I'll probably be visiting the Mya-Moe Shop Tracker several times a day for the next few weeks! :)

You think the wait for the start has been long, the next month will seem like an eternity.
My #615 arrives Wed.

Which one you bringing to Oahu in July?

Thanks everyone! It is kind of cool watching an ukulele being built, and I've been enjoying Shop Tracker for a while now, just to watch the building process (and, of course, to live vicariously by looking at all those beautiful woods that Mya-Moe seems to have).

SailingUke, #615 is jawdroppingly beautiful. It got a lot of notice when a photo of it was posted on the Mya-Moe Facebook page. I hope you post a video. I'd love to hear what it sounds like.

Gary, I'm not sure about Oahu. For one thing, my ukulele instructor, who played at the Waikiki festival last year, wants to play at the Maui festival this coming October, so I might go there. I still may go to Waikiki in July, and if I do, I'd probably bring my Kamaka. I may bring the Mya-Moe to the Wine Country Uke Fest in September, though. Are you going to the Uke Fest of Northern California in Hayward on April 1?

Vanflynn, now I can't get this out of my head:

mmm, one of those striped myrtle one's Mark, how yummy. Is the other a baritone????

Good stuff, if you think the next month will be long, my build doesn't start until August. The waiting drove me mad!

mmm, one of those striped myrtle one's Mark, how yummy. Is the other a baritone????

G'day, Jon! You're right, I have a striped myrtle baritone in queue. Its start date is the end of March. I just hope I can play my Mya-Moes as well as you play yours!

Good stuff, if you think the next month will be long, my build doesn't start until August. The waiting drove me mad!

I ordered this ukulele in September, so I had a decent wait as well, although not as long as yours will be. It was fun selecting the wood set, but that only made the waiting more difficult! Good luck with your build!

Waiting a week for Char and Gordon to go to and return from the Gorge Ukulele Festival in Oregon was a bit difficult, but they're back and my Mya-Moe is progressing.

635-7.jpg

That wood grain is going to look beautiful with a little oil on it. The more I see of myrtle instruments the more I like it.

Gary, I'm not sure about Oahu. For one thing, my ukulele instructor, who played at the Waikiki festival last year, wants to play at the Maui festival this coming October, so I might go there. I still may go to Waikiki in July, and if I do, I'd probably bring my Kamaka. I may bring the Mya-Moe to the Wine Country Uke Fest in September, though. Are you going to the Uke Fest of Northern California in Hayward on April 1?

I have rooms in Reno for that Ukefest, but I'm thinking that Hayward is much closer and it'll probably $ave me from my$elf and the crap$ table. I've been so busy with teaching and coaching that I stopped taking lessons and haven't touched any of my ukes in about a month now. So much guilt :)

Top Bottom