Hotel California Cover on Kanile'a Tat Tenor

mycdavid

Reaction score
Filipino, wearing a Mexican shirt, playing Hotel California, in Hawaii, on an ukulele. The irony...

Very nice. Good mix of strummin and pickin. You are also sitting under the endangered species sign. More irony!

Thanks

Mahalo guys. Yeah, I just noticed the posters behind me. Am I really a dying breed?

Filipino, wearing a Mexican shirt, playing Hotel California, in Hawaii, on an ukulele. The irony...

I really hate being "that guy" but aren't guayaberas as Pinoy as they are Mexican? It seems that those, along with the surnames, are the final, lasting legacy of the conquistadores.

For the record, I have about a half dozen guayaberas, so even haoles dig them. They really are the ultimate party shirt.

Oh, and you did da kine job on the song. You make it seem effortless.

Great observation poidog. Many similarities due to the Spanish conquest... But for the record guayaberas are Mexican and Barongs are Pinoy. We won our independence...

Yet more irony, I own more guayaberas than Barongs...

Mahalo for the kind words.

I really hate being "that guy" but aren't guayaberas as Pinoy as they are Mexican? It seems that those, along with the surnames, are the final, lasting legacy of the conquistadores.

For the record, I have about a half dozen guayaberas, so even haoles dig them. They really are the ultimate party shirt.

Oh, and you did da kine job on the song. You make it seem effortless.

Top Bottom