So excited... new Uke

kirc

Reaction score
Today was an exciting day my new Uke arrived.

Its a 2nd hand Pete Howlett...

Plays lovely...

Here's a piccy

DSC_6474.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you... its a joy to play... I changed the rather worn Aquila's for Worth Medium Browns when it arrived and the tone now is lovely...

You Lucky dog . I've been lusting for a" Le Noir " since I saw pics of one. Maybe some day ,..........

What a beauty! I hope you'll make beautiful music together for years.

congratulations on your Pete Howlett kirc, that is a Welsh ukulele you have there, cherish it like no other because anything that is crafted in Wales has some of the soul and the passion of our country and our people embedded in it, croeso i'r Cymru

wow Kirc, it's stunning. I bet it does sound amazing. Love the traditional look. Congratulations mate, good buy

Awesome!! Looks amazing, I bet it sounds great!

Thanks everyone... you've all been very generous in your comments...
After playing it for a few hours having restrung it with worth browns I can honestly say it plays like a dream...
I'm not an expert player... I've been playing for two whole months now a couple of hours a day, but this thing is so easy to handle and play and the sound is sublime...
I am very lucky to have got it and I appreciate it greatly... sad thing is I'm not sure the Ohana I have will get much of a look in now... this thing just outshines it with its rich easy going sound.

I got a Pete Howlett Tenor last year,and compared to my
older instruments (cheapies or mid range ones) it simply
blew them all out of the water! So I sold the rest and kept
the Howlett!
The WAY I got it is another story........!
(totally legal,but with a huge helping of luck!)

Last edited:
mmm.... that thought had occurred to me too... it really is so much better than my others

Great looking uke. Congrats. :)

Very sweet! Congratulations, I hope you fall in love!

Classy! Hours of pure uke joy ahead for you! Congrats :)

Get in line folks - I'm doing a soprano run in the summer and if you join my ukulele club on facebook you will be entitled to a generous discount if i get the dozen sign ups I need to be able to do this....

Congratulations on you new Howlett....wow wee I know we can't have all the ukes we want, but this one is on the top of the list...happy strummings...

Top Bottom