White Sandy Beach, from a Georgia boy...

A Nod from Nashville!

Ellis...

Really liked it. It's a fantastic song in the first place and I liked your touch with it. Nice uke too! Keep playing... keep recording and keep sharing. You're inspiring me... I haven't been able to find the courage to sing on a post. Why ukes are becoming so popular in our part of the country they might have to start referring to us as the South Coast!

Great job, Ellis - sounds really good, man.... nice fingerpicking and vocals, that's a tough tune to pull off. It was good to see y'all again last week at the Waikikie - glad you could make it up. Hope to see you again - and don't forget to bring that Koaloha back - it's sweet, I'd love to get another chance to play it.....

Thanks Ya'll, I really appreciate it. I had to work quite a bit to learn this song...but I was really determined because this song is actually the song that just really turned me on to the uke. The first time I heard this song while I was in Hawaii, it floored me. Talk about just a beautiful song on such a little instrument and from such a big guy! IZ put out some really great music! Still trying to knock the nerves down performing, finding it really is just practice, practice, practice...not only the playing but the performing for others. My wife hasn't hit me, and the dog hasn't bit me, so I guess it is getting better...hahaha. 'Skidoo' it was really good getting back up to the Wai and seeing everybody, I am not going to have to travel much this year, so I am hoping to be up there pretty regular. I will bring the KoAloha back, and your welcome to play anytime. I baby it too much, it is the only one I will pick with because the action is perfect...really easy to hit some chords I was having problems with...(Bb, Bbm) and it just sounds so good.

Great playing, singing and timing. Very nice.

Thanks Doc. I appreciate it. Hey do you play any where around Mcdonough? Ive been looking for a place down on southside to have a jam. Got a couple in mind with plenty room outside and inside...good atmosphere also...kind of like the Wai where the rest of SE Ukers usually meet. I know there are a couple of us on the southside.

Thanks...I wish I would have just brought my eleuke with my amp...I usually do bring it, maybe next open mic Ill bring some equipment as backup. That Koaloha just sounds so good...im kinda partial to it.

Top Bottom