Go For Da Record... Hana Hou!

gofordarecord

Reaction score
With passion and enthusiasm we again invite all ukulele players in Hawaii and from cities and countries around the world to participate in an ukulele ensemble to be lead by Jake Shimabukuro at 4pm on Saturday, April 28, 2012 at the Neal S. Blaisdell arena in Honolulu, Hawaii. We are assembling the greatest possible number of ukulele players in an attempt to break a Guinness World Record! At our GOFORDARECORD event we will also be raising funds in order to bring attention to the needs and lack of funding of music and arts programs in Hawaii.

Should we succeed, The People of Hawaii will be the Guinness recognized *owners* of this new world record. More importantly, proceeds from this record-breaking event will be used in the purchase of hundreds of ukuleles and other musical "tools" for needed schools and programs for Hawaii's school children.

Everyone should experience the pure joy and happiness of the ukulele. In the words of Jake, Hawaii's ukulele virtuoso:
"If everyone played the ukulele, the world would be a better place."

http://gofordarecord.org
http://facebook.com/GoForDaRecord.HanaHou
@gofordarecord

Last edited:
Sounds like da kine idea. Would it count if I join in from the beach in SoCal at 7PM local time so I'd be in synch? I can't be there in person, but am totally down in spirit.

Great idea, and good luck on getting the record!

I will be there! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, or if anyone needs a ride from Ewa side.

VERY proud to announce Brittni Paiva has committed to support us with a brief performance at GoForDaRecord... Hana Hou! Thank you Brittni! : )

An update performers scheduled.

In addition to Jake Shimabukuro leading the World Record breaking attempt at largest ukulele ensemble Kalei G, Bruce Shimabukuro, Jody Kamisato, Brittni Paiva, Chris Salvador, and Ukulele Underground's own Aldrine Guerrero are confirmed performers/workshop hosts for now.

More hopefully to follow...

Have you registered yet? http://www.gofordarecord.org/

Thanks so much for this posting. I just made reservations to join you all. What a great reason for a plane trip to Honolulu. I might suggested several postings every now and then to gather more support. I was just wondering how many of the UU members are from Hawaii.

I will be there in spirit - now I just need to figure out the time difference between Hawaii and South Korea...

Localmana, great to hear! Looking forward to having you there!

His Sinfullness and Trinimon, cannot have too much support from around the world!

Breaking the World Record would be a huge accomplishment but even greater is raising awareness and money in support for the needs of music and art programs in Hawaii's schools! ka makani mau loa!(may the music live on!)

For anyone on da island please come out and bring your appetite and your ukulele to Eat the Street this Friday evening. http://www.streetgrindz.com/eatthestreet/ We're going to be there with Kimo Hussey enjoying ono grinds and jamming on our ukuleles! Hoping to raise awareness about Go For Da Record... Hana Hou!!

Kokua please help us spread the word. We are in need of volunteers to help with registration, etc. for our event on 04.28.12 If you or anyone you know is interested please send an email to info@gofordarecord.org with name and preferred method of contact (phone/email.) Students we will be able to give community service credits. Mahalo!

Slight change of plans for tomorrow evening at Eat the Street. Kimo Hussey will not be able to make it but Kalei Gamiao will! Kalei will be there from 5:00-5:30pm and Kanikapila 7:30-8:00pm

Last edited:
We will be at The Perry & Price Saturday Morning Show at Jade Dynasty Seafood Restaurant at Ala Moana Center on Saturday April 21! Hoping to raise awareness about Go For Da Record... Hana Hou!! Tune in or come on down and join us!

What: The Perry & Price Saturday Morning Show at Jade Dynasty Seafood Restaurant at Ala Moana Center

When: Saturday mornings. Show runs from approximately 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Seating opens at 7 a.m.

Where: Jade Dynasty Seafood Restaurant at Ala Moana Center is located at the Ala Moana Shopping Center, second floor Ho'okipa Terrace, 1450 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu

Menu: The buffet will feature both American and Chinese style dishes.

Garden Salad, Link Sausage, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Hash Brown, Fruit, Char Siu Gon Lo Mein, Rice, Rice Soup, Snow Mountain Char Siu Bun, Fried Tofu, Mango Mochi, Almond Tofu, Pork Hash, Vegetarian Spring Roll

Tickets: Tickets for the live Saturday Morning Show include a full breakfast buffet.

$25 - includes tax & gratuity

$16.95 - kids 2-10

FREE - kids under 2

FREE PARKING AT ALA MOANA CENTER

Due to the popularity of the show, reservations are recommended by calling (808) 947-8818 – Monday through Sunday

Info:Jade Dynasty at Ala Moana Center is a new and distinctive Chinese seafood restaurant that features Hong Kong fine dining cuisine in the style of the popular Paramount Banquet Hall operations.

For additional details, visit http://www.alamoanacenter.com/Stores/Jade-Dynasty-Seafood-Restaurant

Okay, it’s official… The Mayor of Honolulu Peter B. Carlisle has proclaimed April 28th 2012 to be "Go For Da Record… Hana Hou!" Dayl

untitled.JPG

"A big mahalo to all the ukulele-playing participants, performers, volunteers, sponsors and donors that made our 'Go For Da Record... Hana Hou!' ukulele world record attempt possible.

Although the challenge in breaking the ukulele world record has eluded us yet again, our true hope at Music For Life Foundation is that, through music and with these events, we raise money and awareness to the need... and importance of music in everyone's lives and how we can use music as a tool in creating programs and opportunities to enliven, enhance, enrich and empower communities and individuals.

The messages of the importance of music education for all schoolchildren and of keeping music and creativity alive in their hearts must continue to be heard and should remain as ongoing reminders of ways in which we can create brighter futures and develop life options for our children.

Music For Life moves forward now with its continuing mission of creating and fostering a better life for all of us through music.

Me ke aloha pumehana. Ka makani mau loa! (May the music live on!) "

-Leo
Founder and Chairman
Music For Life Foundation

"A big mahalo to all the ukulele-playing participants, performers, volunteers, sponsors and donors that made our 'Go For Da Record... Hana Hou!' ukulele world record attempt possible.

Although the challenge in breaking the ukulele world record has eluded us yet again, our true hope at Music For Life Foundation is that, through music and with these events, we raise money and awareness to the need... and importance of music in everyone's lives and how we can use music as a tool in creating programs and opportunities to enliven, enhance, enrich and empower communities and individuals.

The messages of the importance of music education for all schoolchildren and of keeping music and creativity alive in their hearts must continue to be heard and should remain as ongoing reminders of ways in which we can create brighter futures and develop life options for our children.

Music For Life moves forward now with its continuing mission of creating and fostering a better life for all of us through music.

Me ke aloha pumehana. Ka makani mau loa! (May the music live on!) "

-Leo
Founder and Chairman
Music For Life Foundation

Was it close to the record???

Was it close to the record???

glass,

The official record is 1547 uke players, in Sweden. Last October we had over 1,000. For da Hana Hou! we had 1,296. We needed 252 more to break it.

Sorry, what

thanks, you right have nice day :)

Top Bottom