Is this normal?

Freeda

Reaction score
First uke should arrive tomorrow. So why did I just order #2 already? I have yet to even play a note!

Yes, it's completely normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's abnormal. Most order two ukes at once after the first one.

Normal is ordering your first uke and trying to save a buck by shipping it regular ground service. You then realize that a week is too long to wait and order your second uke next day air and get it before your first uke.

Nope, not normal at all. Normal would have been asking the forum which uke to buy as your first, between three different models and then buying all three anyway. You are suffering from UAS and it only gets worse. I've found two cures: poverty and buying another ukulele. I alternate between the two cures. I'm even starting to think the two cures are somehow related...

I got a uke, then within three months got a coupon for a local big box store for $30 off a $200 dollar purchase. One of my two kids wanted a uke and I was excited for her to play along.

The retail price of the one she wanted was $199 but it was marked down to $99. So I got TWO, one for each kid. Explained it to the wife this way: By using the coupon and making a purchase on marked down instruments we got two for the price of one!

The other kid plays his occasionally. I've been playing it a lot recently so it doesn't get dusty... better for the strings and neck to keep it tuned up and such. :roll eyes:

I'm glad to say that I don't have UAS! I bought my first uke (a tenor) and it was rathwer espensive so I don't want my grandkids to play with it so...I had to buy them their own Ukes! I have 5 grandkids old enough to start learning and 2 babies so I will definately need to get at least 7 more ukuleles! I recently bought 2 for the older girls. I will check them out for them of course. Now I need to convince them to leave them at Greandpas' house! Just kidding! I think ;)
Don
Anuenue Gerald RossTenor
Lanikai LU-21
Eddy Finn EF5 (soon to be delivered!)

Haahahaahaah! So here's my theory. Totally justifiable! I work with developmentally disabled adults and plan on keeping my ukes in my office. I figure if I practice there my marriage will last longer. Plus my clients, God bless em, already think I am a good singer. Sooo... If i am playing my Luna and a client wants to try, I can just hand them the Mahalo. That way if it gets hurt I am only out half the money. Plus the smiley face on it will crack them up all day.

That is a pretty logical and reasonable point of view, right?

Wow, that is very justifiable. My number three's justification was a lot thinner. I just snuck it into the house and hope she wouldn't notice. It didn't work.

Phew....I thought I was the only one. My name is Jason and I've been a Ukulele Horder for one-and-a-half years....

First uke should arrive tomorrow. So why did I just order #2 already? I have yet to even play a note!

The real question here is: Have you given any thought to your third uke yet?

Scooter

Actually, I thought that I was the only one had ordered two ukes before playing a note. Welcome to the Club. You won't regret it. And if you really want to get crazy, try to attend the big uke festival in Indiana in June. I'll be attending my first one and I can't wait.

My God, you have chronic UAS early.:D

I work with developmentally disabled adults and plan on keeping my ukes in my office.
Consult your tax advisor and see if you can't get a deduction. :) Seriously though, once you know that you will stick with the uke and know which scale/size you prefer, save up and buy a high-end instrument.

Actually I was looking online today seeing how much to save for #3. Looks like 600 will do it. I also priced out a Mahalo economy pack (multiple ukes) for starting a class for my clients. And I already am planning on mighty uke day in Michigan in May AND world ukulele conference in Indiana in June. And I bought and watched The Mighty Uke. Um, twice in 14 hours.

Holy cow. Addictive personality much?

After 12 hours of waiting for the UPS truck my Luna finally arrived. It took me about an hour to be able to play Mraz's I'm yours. I hate that song but it is easy! So yay!

My 17 year old immediately grabbed it but in the end declared she prefers her six string. She is helping me, as she has experience with guitar and my only music experience is 9 years percussion.

Top Bottom