bridge pins for kanilea k1 soprano uke

lochman

Reaction score
anyone know where i get bone or better quality pins
for above uke . I live in uk

thanks

regards ..andy :eek:

I got a set of ebony pins with mop dot from the Hana Lima store (hanalimastore.com). They were very reasonable in cost and shipping. Not sure about how much it would be to the UK, though.

Another option would be to just buy a set of guitar pins from a local shop, sand them down to the right size for the Kanile'a, and keep the extra two as spares.

tons of selection on ebay. buy a guitar set and sand them to fit,
you get six and will have 2 extra to experiment on.
i bought $10 bridge pins on ebay, sanded to fit, now i can't imagine going back to the stock pins

Yeah a nice set of ebony pins with MOP dots are just nice and subtle, and make you cringe at the plastic pins. They don't need channels in them either, since the bridge has channels already. When I left it for a local luthier to install a misi, I just added to the order to switch out the bridge pins to anything that looks better than plastic. He sanded those ebony ones better than I would have.

I put some koa bridge pins bought from stewmac.com a few years ago on my Kanile'a super-soprano. I'm pretty sure they are just guitar pins but I didn't do any sanding. They stick out just a little bit, but never bothered me:
DSC01885.JPG

Here's the koa pin next to the stock plastic pin:
Dsc01881.jpg

LOL, I was just saying on twitter that either UUers will think I have the worst self esteem ever, or they watch American Dad. Francine, I haven't been entirely truthful with you. :D

You do know that those aren't mutually exclusive, right? At least, not in my case.

PS: Stewmac doesn't carry the koa pins any more. Or, at least not when I checked a few months back. Rosewood is close, though.

You do know that those aren't mutually exclusive, right? At least, not in my case.

PS: Stewmac doesn't carry the koa pins any more. Or, at least not when I checked a few months back. Rosewood is close, though.

So, you think I have the worst self-esteem ever, AND you watch American Dad. At least Teddy Bonkers believes in me. :D

I looked for those stewmac koa pins around the same time too. I know MOP ebony seems a bit boring, but basically anything is an improvement on the plastic.

Top Bottom