pickup in a Soprano?

shega

Reaction score
I have some sopranos, but none of them have pickups. I want to put one in so that my soprano is outfitted to play with an amp (not through a microphone) My tenor has a MiSi which I think does an excellent job, but I have never heard of a soprano being fitted with one.

Do sopranos take well to under the saddle pickups like the MiSi? has anyone tried it?

Anyone know what Ohta-San uses for his sopranos?

thanks so much,
shega

I don't see why not. My Sailor soprano came with a misi. It sounds huge plugged in, like two different ukes.

I have some sopranos, but none of them have pickups. I want to put one in so that my soprano is outfitted to play with an amp (not through a microphone) My tenor has a MiSi which I think does an excellent job, but I have never heard of a soprano being fitted with one.

Do sopranos take well to under the saddle pickups like the MiSi? has anyone tried it?

Anyone know what Ohta-San uses for his sopranos?

thanks so much,
shega

that sounds good, thanks. I really want to move toward being a soprano-only player (just love them, and the portability is hard to believe after all these years playing guitar), but I just didn't know if they were pickup-able.

I have a Mainland soprano with a MiSi, and it works great.

Thank you Chris,
that is exactly the situation I am facing, and I think I will get a MiSi installed!

shega

I put one in my Ohana Sopranino and it works great!

Guys, a Pono with passive undersadle could be a good choice to use with amp?

I don't really see the big attraction with pickups in a uke or any acoustic instrument. Just my opinion bug I think a good mic better creates the original and natural tone of acoustic instruments.

I put one in my Ohana Sopranino and it works great!

Dude that's awesome. I would get some FX pedals and distort the €#%¥ out of the &@$%£!!!!

My only complaint is that I don't like to play a soprano on a strap, and the chord pulling-down makes it difficult to hold (for me at least).

I don't really see the big attraction with pickups in a uke or any acoustic instrument. Just my opinion bug I think a good mic better creates the original and natural tone of acoustic instruments.

This is true, but if you're taking it to open mic nights or jams, messing with a mic when it isn't YOUR P.A. is a pain.

My only complaint is that I don't like to play a soprano on a strap, and the chord pulling-down makes it difficult to hold (for me at least).

I had that problem too, at first. Then I tried a cord with a right-angle plug and it was a lot better (for me at least).

For me, it's essential. I move WAY too much to be miked, ESPECIALLY in the bars I play in, where, because of noise and the size, you have to get right up on the mic in order to be heard.
If it's a nice, quiet gig, where the player just sits and plays, then yeah, gimme a miked instrument any day of the week.
Me, though? I haven't been nice NOR quiet for a long, long time, so a pickup it is.

Dude that's awesome. I would get some FX pedals and distort the €#%¥ out of the &@$%£!!!!

I have a Vox Mini with amp modelling in "Honey", my mini suitcase that I use with it... the 90s Metal setting is sheer, unadulterated insanity!

I've played it in public a few times and the looks I get are brilliant.

247998_10150258494626419_550591418_8792547_2742367_a.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom