Help!! Am I missing something?

kelela2002

Reaction score
To me tab would be, in the case of uke music 4 lines with numbers on them indicating what string/fret to hit. Every time I click on a page that says uke tab I get a page with some words some xxxx with chords over them. That is a chord chart not a tab. All I would like is about half a dozen popular Hawaiian songs ie Hula Hands, Little Grass Shack, etc that I can play without singing. There are a lot of wonderful vids of those songs + how to finger them however I would like to print out something I can sit back and read to play. Am I old school or what? if you have any suggestions please point <~~~~> me in a direction. Thanks

Ahhh, that must be ukulele-tabs.com -

Yeah, they blank out most of the lyrics to avoid any sort of legal problem for publishing protected work. And even though their site has "tabs" in the title, it's at least 75% chords vs actual tablature.

They do have some tabs there, but for the most part it's chords for strumming.

One thing they do have is a pretty useful tool to convert guitar tabs into uke tabs. So if you can get tablature from a guitar site (like chordie.com), you can copy/paste those into their converter tool to get the uke tabs. They may not be perfect, but they are a good launch pad that way.

Oh Aloha PoiDog and mahalo for responding to my blonde moment, I have to admidt I have trouble bing banging around on websites to find exactly what I need. I am excited to give this a try. Thank you again.

To me tab would be, in the case of uke music 4 lines with numbers on them indicating what string/fret to hit.

Me too.

The fact that people on the internet are increasingly calling chord charts "tabs" is lamentable.

(And don't get me started on the whole transcribe vs. transpose thing... :wallbash: )

JJ

A pal of mine could not find either a chord sheet or the tab
for a particular song,for ukulele.
I told him that what I do,like many others is just search for
'name of song' CHORDS in Google.This usually throws up a
sheet of lyrics with GUITAR chords over them.Well in every
case I have done this,say the chords are C, F,G (or G7) to
keep it simple,well I just play those chords on the ukulele
and hey presto! If I need to print out one of those sheets for
anyone else,I may copy and paste Ukulele Chord Windows onto
the sheet before printing.It ain't rocket science,is it?
But I too have found dozens of sites promising 'Tabs' when
in fact,they are CHORD SHEETS. Annoying,but not the end of
the world!

Top Bottom