Incredible sounding Bullinger Covered Bridge Pineapple Concert available

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanr

Reaction score
SOLD

This baby is a tone monster!

Nearly new myrtle and spruce-top pineapple ukulele hand-made in Oregon by Terry and Perry Bullinger. This was my primary "high-g" ukulele, but I now have a mew Koaloha... and way too many ukes! The uke is currently strung low-G, which sounds amazing on this uke, and the new Koaloha will replace this as my high g uke.

Price is firm at $400

added Feb. 28,2012

UPDATE on Shipping:
Includes free shipping via Canada Post/USPS to anywhere in North America.

Here is the YouTube clip that sold me on it; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4NdrkvCR9I
And a new YouTube clip showcasing the uke's great sound and my mediocre playing; http://youtu.be/0jzjQ1Edc_4

Please note that sometime between making the video and shipping the uke to me the Bullingers changed the headstock shape slightly (all photos are current) and added a binding "skunk stripe" to the base of the uke.

IMG_1299.jpgIMG_1300.jpgIMG_1301.jpgIMG_1302.jpgIMG_1303.jpg

Last edited:
So far one lowball offer from someone who said he doesn't "need" the uke.

While all expressions of interest are nice to see, potential buyers should be aware the I don't "need" to sell the uke. It's a great instrument at a very good price, but it will always look good on my wall if it doesn't find a new home where it will be played with love.

Notice of Price INCREASE

This ukulele sounds so incredibly good strung with a low G that I am no longer prepared to sell it for less than it cost me, or less than I think it is worth.

Price is now $400.00 effective immediately. Shipping to Con US still a flat $30

Although I can't really justify keeping it, I am also in no hurry to sell it.

Wait A Minute !!!!!!!
Last night the price was "FIRM at $300- ".~~~~~ L.O.L. ~~~~~

Wait A Minute !!!!!!!
Last night the price was "FIRM at $300- ".~~~~~ L.O.L. ~~~~~

Yup. It was firm at 300. Now it's firm at 400. Consider it a new lesson student-of-life. The seller gets to set the price. The potential buyer gets to reject it, accept it, or counter offer. It's not a "deal" (contract) until the buyer makes an offer AND the seller accepts the offer.

I've had one low-ball offer, which I rejected, and two expressions of interest with requests for more information but with no commitment to purchase. Had one of those individuals committed to buy the uke when it was available at the lower price I'd be on my way to the post office now.

Nice uke, sounds great, but not interested in purchasing . . . but want to know how to get that bell-like sound that the builder makes at :30 in the first video. Thanks.

Nice uke, sounds great, but not interested in purchasing . . . but want to know how to get that bell-like sound that the builder makes at :30 in the first video. Thanks.

Builder is Tattwo, who posted in this thread at 5:45 yesterday.

It's your uke you can price it however you want. By the way great sounding uke.
Yup. It was firm at 300. Now it's firm at 400. Consider it a new lesson student-of-life. The seller gets to set the price. The potential buyer gets to reject it, accept it, or counter offer. It's not a "deal" (contract) until the buyer makes an offer AND the seller accepts the offer.

I've had one low-ball offer, which I rejected, and two expressions of interest with requests for more information but with no commitment to purchase. Had one of those individuals committed to buy the uke when it was available at the lower price I'd be on my way to the post office now.

It's called a harmonic. Place your finger very lightly on the 12th fret and pick it. Takes a little practice. There are other harmonics on a uke (5th fret, 7th fret, etc.) but the 12th is the easiest.

Buy it now before it goes up to $500 next week!!!!
LOL!

Nah... I'll just let it sit at $400 until it either sells here, or when my kid eventually dumps it on the market as part of my estate (currently aged 55 and healthy if you are doing the math).

I decided to offer free North American shipping though, to make it easier for my American cousins.

Hello, AllanR,

After several months of playing, i've been ruminating over the purchase of a solid wood upgrade to my Lanikai LU-21C. I'm quite happy with my little uke, but i do find myself craving a more resonant, luscious tone. Your Youtube video is so impressive, but it's a bit hard for me to tell if there's enough of a difference between it and my concert to warrant the purchase. It's admittedly a lot to ask, but if you have an "entry level" concert in your collection, could you possibly create and post another Youtube video that directly compares the sound of the two instruments?

PS: My Mom has a pineapple, entry level laminate if i'm not mistaken, and it's so adorable and easy to play. I may just get a cheapy pineapple for a change of pace and put a solid wood purchase aside for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom