Just ordered my first ever Ukulele

etf

Reaction score
Been living on the internet trying to sort out my first Ukulele. Thought I was losing my mind at one point. There are so many out there and sizes as well. First thoughts were a tenor as read that guitar players tend to go for these. Then was told that guitar players like concerts as the tenors tend to be closer sounding to guitar so why not just play guitar. Then came all the different brands and quality. OK I will cut this short. The only way I was going to commit and not live the rest of my days looking was to phone up and buy one.
After all that I decided that my first Ukulele was going to be the Kala KA-ASACC the Solid Acacia Concert. Now all I have to do is bite my nails till it gets here. Hope my choice was a good one?. Will let you all know :cool:

ETF

It sure is hard to decide!!! But you'll be happy to have one (to start with....) to get going.

I like the concert size the best myself. So far.

Hi and Welcome. Sounds like you picked a great first uke. As far as losing ones mind to decide on "the one", you really can't. Thats why so many of us have more than one!

Post pics when it arrives and keep us posted.

Hi and Welcome. Sounds like you picked a great first uke. As far as losing ones mind to decide on "the one", you really can't. Thats why so many of us have more than one!

Post pics when it arrives and keep us posted.

I will do. Cant wait to get started on my journey to playing an Ukulele.

ETF :cool:

Very cool. That's a great sounding uke from the videos I've seen. Did you get a case and humidifier for it?

AB

Congrats and welcome. I too have a Kala, in the concert size. I love it, hope you do to!

That is a nice choice...Kala ukes are pretty good!!

Very cool. That's a great sounding uke from the videos I've seen. Did you get a case and humidifier for it?

AB

Hi,
Didnt get a humidifier, I live in UK so no need. Got the Ukulele, stand, tuner and extra set of strings. Had great advice from Alex at Southern Ukuleles. Very helpfull guy.

ETF

Hi sounds like you have made an excellent choice, i too have just started playing and have purchased a Osca Shmit, now same as you i am sat waiting for it to arrive. Mines a tenor and after reading some of the comments im hoping i have made the right decision. Happy strumming.
Dave

Congrats. That baby should sound great.....have to see if those Aquilas give you the sound you want. You'll get lots of recommendations for strings. Just put some Ko'olau Alohi's on my concert and it sounds amazing.

Congratulations! Kala makes nice ukulele-I love the concert size!

Good choice (Kala) to get started with. Concert is a nice size too. Remember to have fun learning and see where it goes from there-no right or wrong answers in the uke world!

Sounds like a good choice. A Concert uke is a nice, happy medium between a Soprano and a Tenor. You can always go smaller or larger later. :)

Thank you all so much for the replies. Cant wait to get started. Just checked Fedx and it will be here today. Im like a 53 year old child waiting for Santa. This forum has been the best start for me even without even touching an ukulele. You all seem like one big happy helpful family here and I am so glad to be part of it now.

Many thanks,
ETF :cool:

Hi All,

Well had my Kala delivered about 3 hours ago now. Is it me or is it possible to fall in love with an instrument so quickly? I have been playing guitar for about 2 years now so I think that helps. Cant put this Ukulele down lol. Already been playing Somewhere over the rainbow, Somewhere beyond the sea, Sea of love and What a wonderful world. Thanks to Ukulele Mike and You Tube. Also been trying to get to grips with Loves Contagious thanks to UU member aeholt after me posting yesterday in the song help forum. Cant get the hang of the strumming in that (any help please, check out my post in song help to see it played. Again thanks to aeholt for that).
As requested I will post photos of my Kala KA_ASAC_C soon. Only downside I now have is I wish I had bought myself an Ukulele 40 years or so ago. Oh well back to practice.

ETF:cool:

etf,

Congrats on your new uke. I just got my 1st uke yesterday as well and haven't been able to put it down. I ended up getting a Kala Golden Acasia concert and love it. Bought it from Mike @ UkeRepublic who was very nice and helpful. Enjoy your uke!

Top Bottom