Omg Is This Normal?

hybridnightmare

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so i bought this lanikai tenor ukulele. I was tunning it an i noticed something strange with nut. it looks disconneted or our of place. check it,
DSC08887.jpg

should i retunr it for another one? i got this for like $99.

that looks odd. but it shouldnt have an impact on the sound. usually, a nut that size is sunk into that part of the headstock. but as long as it is contacting the wood, then the vibrations should still be transmitted just fine.

when i changed out the nut on my kala with the TUSQ nut, i couldnt get my hands on a 3/8" thick nut like that, so i just used the 1/8" stuff that i had. made no difference.

and it seems that the action (distance of the strings from the fretboard) is just about right. so if you are satisfied with how it sounds, i wouldnt worry. its not going to hurt.

what model lanikai is that? judging from the $99 price tag, im guessing its an LU-21T with no pickup?

Not normal, but like nukedoc said, if it works and plays/sounds ok then that is the main thing.

Not normal. I would exchange it. Even if it works fine right now, it might cause you problems in the future.

that looks odd. but it shouldnt have an impact on the sound. usually, a nut that size is sunk into that part of the headstock. but as long as it is contacting the wood, then the vibrations should still be transmitted just fine.

when i changed out the nut on my kala with the TUSQ nut, i couldnt get my hands on a 3/8" thick nut like that, so i just used the 1/8" stuff that i had. made no difference.

and it seems that the action (distance of the strings from the fretboard) is just about right. so if you are satisfied with how it sounds, i wouldnt worry. its not going to hurt.

what model lanikai is that? judging from the $99 price tag, im guessing its an LU-21T with no pickup?

yeah its a LU-21T
i took it back to guitar showcase(where i bought it) and the guy said it was okay to use. he said it wouldnt endanger my play. i still have a 10 day warranty. i tried to get another one but they sold out. i should have gotten the one on display!!!

Please don't keep it. I don't care what the salesperson says. IMHO, even at $100, that flaw is not acceptable. I have a $50 uke and the nut is installed properly on it.

Man, that bites. I've got the exact same uke and had to double check mine after seeing that pic! Looks like everything's okay on mine, but I'd DEFINITELY take that sucker back!

A hundred bucks is still a hundred bucks after all.

thts bad

thts bad man send it bk

yep, take it back! regardless of the sound or anything.. you didn't pay for a faulty uke, so dont stand for it... dunno why im saying this though haha, i would just buy a new one because im an idiot

yea just take it back becaus if that does cause a problem down the line you wont be able to do anything then that will suck evan more.

Hey everyone, so i bought this lanikai tenor ukulele. I was tunning it an i noticed something strange with nut. it looks disconneted or our of place. check it, should i retunr it for another one? i got this for like $99.

There's at least 50% less glue holding the nut down than there should be so that's bound to come of at some point, regardless of whether it affects your playing now.

Top Bottom