Traveler Ultra-Light Ukulele "coming soon"

joeyshev

Reaction score
I haven't seen any discussion on this board of this model before, so I thought I'd post it up.

http://www.travelerguitar.com/products/acousticelectric/ultra-light/ultra-light-ukulele/

It seems like this could be an interesting addition to the Eleuke/Fluke SB/Risa consideration set, which I'm currently agonizing over. I wish these instruments were more readily available so I could play them before making a decision.

What do you think?

very interesting piece of kit, this could easily rival the Risa and the peanut, depending on price obviously

Wow that would make one INSANE backpacker/traveller ukulele!!!

Personally, I don't like the looks of this thing - a bit too weird - I'm a classic man at heart! :) I certainly wouldn't buy one instead of something like a more traditional style Eleuke. But if the price is right I'd definitely buy one for my travels and just to throw in the backpack/car or whatever.

I totally love this thing! Probably won't get one as I already have a Risa and a Kala solid body concert (essentially Kala's Eleuke clone prototype). But even so it's tempting...

...I already have a Risa and a Kala solid body concert (essentially Kala's Eleuke clone prototype). But even so it's tempting...

Kala solid body? Cool. This niche is becoming more interesting by the day. I love the simplicity of a solid body electric.

I find it funny anyone would say "My Uke is not portable enough"

But to each their own :)

As do I - my 10oz Donaldson uke is pretty light - the case I have it in probably adds a couple of lbs though! But... I've seen enough of these threads to want one anyway. Whether an Eleuke Peanut or a "Captain" backpacker" or one like this one... I can't decide.

Kala solid body? Cool. This niche is becoming more interesting by the day. I love the simplicity of a solid body electric.

Here is a picture of the Kala. Concert scale. Very few were ever made. This one was the one sent by Kala to MGM.

kala-eleuke3.jpg

Cool. I travel so getting a soprano to fit into my carry-on is doable but a close call. This would make it easier and it does have 17 frets. but i would definitely prefer a standard soprano over this.

AB

Top Bottom