Jake Shimabukuro gets a new Kamaka.

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Jake posted this on his Facebook page today at about 1:30 p.m. PST: "I was strumming my new Kamaka ukulele this morning. I hope to take it on the road soon! Just waiting for it to break in a bit more."

If you have plans to see him at an upcoming performance, be on the lookout for his new Kamaka!

He's had that one for awhile, he's just been waiting for it to open up until he starts taking it on the road. I believe he calls that one Buffy 3 but right now you normally see him playing Buffy 2. He's a buffy the vampire slayer fan.

I guess that it is the one in his wedding photos.
Been a while yeah, Jake says that he still loves his current one, but with so many traveling he needs a new one for backup.

He's had that one for awhile, he's just been waiting for it to open up until he starts taking it on the road. I believe he calls that one Buffy 3 but right now you normally see him playing Buffy 2. He's a buffy the vampire slayer fan.

Cool! Maybe Jake should record a CD of the musical Buffy episode ("Once More With Feeling") with all the songs performed as ukulele solos.

nice uke Mark, no doubt... but on to the big question, did anyone ever find out what brand of toilet paper he uses? :p
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...rite-toilet-paper&highlight=jake+toilet+paper

When I get flayed for reviving the toilet paper thread, I'm going to blame you.

Last edited:
Isn't Jake an avid follower of the one-uke-only philosophy? Does this mean he's completely moving on to the next uke and won't be playing the old ones anymore? Does this mean he might donate his old uke to less fortunate uke players? Does this mean I can apply for a donation? ;)

Yes - this. He has been "playing in" Buffy 3 for almost a year now. He only plays it when he is back home in Hawaii.

Top Bottom