FS: Waverly Street No. 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
My family's experiencing a negative cash flow this month, so to meet all our required debts I have to shed some of my babies. First up is my Waverly Street soprano No. 39. I bought it directly from Dave of WS. Strung Low-G with Guadalupe fibre-core wound strings (which sound PERFECT on it!) Here's the model info from Dave:

#39 has a classic shaped body, and the peg head is patterned after the old Kamaka pineapples. Grover geared tuners. Set up with low-G strings. The book matched back (slightly spalted), sides, and neck are sycamore. Walnut finger board & bridge. Book matched quarter sawn fir top. Excellent sound (loud too!)

Note: there is a repaired crack in the top, just beyond the bridge plate on the 1st string side. (Opps!) It's hardly visible, and does not effect the sound. (Alan's note: I never noticed the crack - forgot it was even mentioned!)

Classic style
13 1/2" scale, 15 frets (soprano)
Fir top
Sycamore back
Sycamore sides & neck
Walnut fret board
Walnut bridge
PVC nut & saddle
Grover geared tuners
White position dots
Aquila Nylgut strings (wound low-G)
21" long
6 3/4" wide
2 1/4" thick
Weighs 16 ounces
Oiled fret board & bridge
Lacquer finish on body
Completed April 2008

COST: $160 (no shipping fee!).
6775983938_866954f4e6.jpg

6922100549_8652dbe49c.jpg

Last edited:
S and H? Sorry, not sure what that means. I'm assuming its lees than the original 20 for you to say its a price drop, please forgive my ignorance...

WOW !!!!
INCREDIBLY LOW PRICE for a Waverly Street, one of a kind, solid wood uke !!!!!!!!!!!
A new one runs about $280- after shipping. If I hadn't just bought a Waverly Street , I'd be all over this one !!!!!!!
I have to price this to sell. Changed to $160 and no shipping fee!

Just can't resist the melodic, elastic, punchy overtones of this ukes sycamore back and sides combined with the low overtones of the fir top, so now I own two Waverly Streets, #39 & #93. WoooWhoooo !!!!!!!

Just can't resist the melodic, elastic, punchy overtones of this ukes sycamore back and sides combined with the low overtones of the fir top, so now I own two Waverly Streets, #39 & #93. WoooWhoooo !!!!!!!
Oh, Thank you!

I own Waverly Street #38, because it was offered in the Marketplace for nearly 6 weeks,and no one bought it! I was afraid I was going to have to find the money for #39, as well.

BTW, make sure that you keep the uke well hydrated! The sycamore top is very thin, and mine has a crack below the bridge, but with a Dampit inside and a humidifier outside, it is very hard to find.

-Kurt​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom