Nintendo announces the next DS!

Aloha All,

Just thought I'd pass on some news regarding Nintendo's "newest" version of their portable game platform. The NEW version will be called the Nintendo DSi! The new DSi will not be compatible with Gameboy Advance (Slot 2) games like the previous versions of the DS & DSLite. Instead, it will have a SDcard slot so the downloaded games and applications from your computer can/will be run. It will also have a self contained camera so that video can be used as well as picture taking.

Though it looks ALOT like the previous DSLite - the DSi will be ALOT different! :D

Nintendo DSi
dsi-98796865-cg-main99.jpg
cont_ts_03_white_cg_0845823543_0102.jpg

dsi-002020202020-cg-main99.jpg

It's scheduled to be released in Japan in November - and will in all likelihood be released in the US, Europe and Australia in early 2009. I'm sure you'll start seeing price drops for the Nintendo DSLite very soon!

Here are a few related links for DSi release news.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151781/hands_on_with_nintendos_dsi.html
http://tech.yahoo.com/news/zd/20081003/tc_zd/232708

Last edited:
damn, not a good time for anything cool to come out. i need to save money for tuition.

As a way for me to keep being "HIP" i do purchase these gaming consoles on what seems like a yearly basis. Not to sure I would purchase this as I am contempt with my dslite with a m3simply card BUT the camera is cool. I thought that camera phones were the greatest inventions hahha but it seems like there putting cameras on everything now...

what next cameras on SHOES??? WALLETS??? PIZZA??? lol

I dont remember if it was on the original post but how much will this cost? I'm thinking an arm and a leg!!!

man i like get one!
i alrdy got me ds lite!
i tink i ken tred it in at da..um...oh ya, GameStop
ya?
den all i owe is like 40 bukz
das nice:love:

I think the only thing that really turns me on about it is the slightly larger screens. I've got SDCard capability with mine already too... I've got a DSOne Supercard with a 4 gig microSD. :rock:

personally, im not impressed. Yes its a shiny new handheld... scratch that its the 3rd generation of the same hand held we had. I own a dslite and i love it... there is nothing in this package that im up in arms about. the only thing i think is nice is, that evidently it has a great web browser done by opera. but still you are looking at the internet on an extremely narrow screen. personally i say wait till the next "true" generation. DSi is nice, but ill stick to my DSlite

again just an opinion. Cant really say anything until i get my hands on it.

I actually got to see one in Japan. I was there in November and it was pretty cool, but nothing that different from the DSlite, other than the camera and lack of GBA support. I don't need another DS, but if I did, I would stick to the lite, simply because the DSi can't play GBA games. There was some kind of nifty thing that the camera could do, when integrated with a game, but I can't remember what it was.

I love my old clunky silver gen1 DS, never felt the need for the lite. the battery life on my gen1 is days of gameplay. The lites are not quite that good.

I may get this new one though for size. I never use the GBA slot anymore anyway, so I could lose that with no pain. I like the ginormous screen too, but I'd have to see the battery life.

That's the killer for me. The things are useless to me if I have to lug a power cord on a trip.

Top Bottom