Where to buy ukulele strings (online)

paeataa

Reaction score
Please pardon my ignorance. I can't seem to find threads regarding recommended stores for uke strings (Worth, Aquila, etc.).

I vaguely remember folks talking about stores/shops that we can buy them online besides Elderly music. Are there any other shops you get your strings from?

Thanks!

Wow, Just Strings still charging 40 bucks for shipping _strings_ internationally. It costs as much to ship a sweatshirt, maybe a pair of shoes. Why not just say "Don't bother" at least it'd be honest.

Southern Ukulele Store on ebay has a good selection, as does Ukerepublic.

Last edited:
I usually buy mine on eBay or Amazon - have found Aquilas, Martins, and Fremonts that way (and usually with free or really cheap shipping). Worths are trickier to come by but they have turned up on eBay occasionally.

Southcoast ships strings FREE internationally. First order can be one set, after that must order three sets for free shipping.

Can't beat that deal with a stick!

I sell Aquilas. I wrap them in a tighter circle so they fit in an envelope. Most mail for 45 cents. I have for 4 strings, 8strings, banjo uke, charango and classical guitar.
I also am an authorised reseller of PEGHEDS www.PEGHEDS.net compare E's at 80 or TCC at 48. What's the difference? $32.00 and a wider selection.

Another vote for UkeRepublic. I usually get my strings in a couple of days and they are competitively priced.

I ordered my last set of Aquilas from http://www.sweetwater.com/ (referred through amazon when looking for strings there)

It looks like they only sell Aquila Ukulele strings, but they don't charge for shipping, they called me (yes, called me!) when my order was shipped. And when I got my strings 4 days before the scheduled delivery date, I opened it to find a bunch of tootsie rolls and some other hard candies in with them. If I ever buy Aquila's again i'll be buying from them.

Very good experience with them, but wish they had a bigger selection.

Top Bottom