Finished my deadhead sander...

Next week - the lectrician finished wiring up at 6.10 this evening do i just had half an hour messing with it....

They used these at Fender for years and years. You can also set up jigs and templates that control the shape at each end of the neck and allow good repeatability on neck shapes.

No Liam, you are not a deadhead. Most of the deadheads around here are of the "other" type, that is people who've been to numerous Jerry Garcia concerts. I'll admit it, I'm a Deadhead with a capital "D"....

Jerry Garcia Rocked, RIP......So did Santana..........................BO...............

re. the sander...for real shaping, you want to put a belt on there that is a lot coarser than anything you'd normally use. Taking it on down to 36 grit for shaping is not unreasonable. Just allow for the scratch depth that you'll have to deal with. It's kind of like we're finding for abrasive planing on a drum or wide belt sander...use really nasty grits to grind off wood, then lighten up for smooth sanding.

I like the idea. It looks perfect for doing the same length neck over and over, using the two bobbins to sort out the heel and peghead transitions. I can get my head around the fact that as uke builders we're dealing with 3-5 scale lengths with 12 and 14 fret necks. That's a lot of different neck lengths. You'll have to let us know how it all goes Pete.

I like the idea. It looks perfect for doing the same length neck over and over, using the two bobbins to sort out the heel and peghead transitions. I can get my head around the fact that as uke builders we're dealing with 3-5 scale lengths with 12 and 14 fret necks. That's a lot of different neck lengths. You'll have to let us know how it all goes Pete.

Makes me wonder whether it could be made as an adjustable length? :eek:

Or maybe even three lengths on the three sides??

Top Bottom