What's up with the Eddy Finns?

BigSkyUkuleleGirl

Are we there yet......
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have been reading posts here since last fall and have learned so much from everyone!! One question I have is about the Eddy Finns - they look so cool with that shark fin sound hole and seem to offer lots of styles and sizes but you can't find them anywhere and no one here really mentions them much. I have searched the forum threads and don't see much discussion.

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts/experience with these and what did you think?

I've only personally had my hands on one. I thought it a bit of a yawner. Action was very high. YMMV. :)

John

There's a music store here in my town that just got some and I went over a tried out a few. I'm with oldephart on the action. It was really high and they just felt and looked cheap. I didn't feel they were worth what they were priced at. I didn't like how they sounded either. Others may love them but sure not for me.

I think I saw a few on the wall of Reno's in Indianapolis.

Personally the shark fin doesn't do anything for me.

I actually like the shark fin, it is everything around that has been somewhat underwhelming, I really wanted to like the swamp ash, but just didn't.

The line is new to the distributor. I ordered a 6 pak of the minnows. They were a disgrace. I documented each of the 6 and their deficiencies and sent them back. My saleman told me that was their first shipment. What they will accept for the second one is yet to be seen. The ones which do not specifically say solid wood are laminate.
I have a laminated soprano with the sharkfin sound hole. It does improve the escapement of sound. Fit and finish is sadly lacking for anything but a knock-around instrument. Intonation is good. sound quantity and quality improves with Aquila strings

The banjo uke line is great. For the wooden ones...let 'em either change makers, or get the line improved to the quality equal to or exceeding Mahalo.

Too bad the Eddy Finn's seem so be lacking in quality. Like many others here, I dig that shark fin soundhole. Gives it a bit of "zowie"

Yeah, I really liked the shark fin sound hole - something different and it lent itself to the whole "beach party" theme. I did get to play one of the sopranos at a local music store and while it was nice it did seem overpriced. I was waiting for reviews from people but it seems like no one really "bit" (get it...bit - shark fin sound hole.....) on these.

They just had a contest for a video for their website, I got second place and won a $200 credit which allowed me to get an EF 50-T. It is nice but I wouldn't say top of the line. Some of the finish is ok but its not perfect by any means. It sounds good to me but I only have a sopranino and kala ka-s to compare to.now Here is a video I made with it now I have only been playing for 2 yrs so I may not be the best player but still also not best singer either.

Their gig bags are very cool though. I bought one about a year ago off eBay for my Jenny soprano (let it go though when I sold her-should have kept it....)

eBay item number for one on currently: 290669453511

(not associated with this auction)

Top Bottom