A sad day for me

kaizersoza

Reaction score
well guys i am in mourning, i have finally decided to send my Mainland Red Cedar back to the shop, it has'nt been right since it was delivered in September, :(
but i was so excited when it arrived coz of the 3 month wait i gave it the benefit of the doubt, personally i think it had a bang during the delivery process and something is loose inside, :confused:
fair play to Mike i discussed the problems with him even though i did'nt buy from him directly and he was a true gentleman giving me some useful advice and even offering to have a look at for me, :cool:
but i have had to concede defeat and send it back to the shop from where i bought it, who have also been very helpful in the last couple of weeks
now i am facing an anxious wait to see if the uke is going to be ok or not,
this uke was the first serious uke i bought and i love it above all other ukes i own, the house feels empty without it :confused:
so please guys, say a little prayer for my Mainland for me

You know, it's entirely possible it was a bad build. It can happen. I hope you will get it resolved. I like the idea of a cedar one myself.

You know, it's entirely possible it was a bad build. It can happen.

Except the big selling point is that they don't just drop ship these from the factory in the Far East. They're checked over thoroughly here before they head to the buyer. Could have dislodged something in transit as the OP says. Hope the problem gets resolved without too much pain.

i have got to be honest Gwynedd, apart from the buzz/creak whatever it is, this uke sounds absolutely beautiful, but i can hear it every strum no matter how hard or softly i strum or pluck the strings

Please, let us know how your ukulele is when it returns?

The good news is that based on your signature you have other Ukes to play now. And that's the reason we have multiple right? So just think you're uke is getting a little vacation and play Fluke, Kala or Eleuke.

AB

Bless it while it's in the hospital!

Will keep it in my thoughts, hospital visits are never fun!

Sorry to hear that Kaiser!! It is amazing how, once you 'hear a fault' it is all you hear! Hopefully the shop will just replace it for you - you have long documentation on the issue - if it can't be fixed, it should be replaced.

GOod luck - hope you get a replacement soon
cheers
Roberta

Well guys , my mainland is dead to me, i called the shop yesterday and they could'nt hear the buzzing sound coming from the soundhole, they asked if i wore a shirt when i played or wore a wrist chain, now i never wear shirts tee shirts yes but shirts with button down cuffs never, and i don't own a bracelet, a mystery to them, a pain for me, now when i originally had the mainland delivered it had 3 rather large dents on the back of it, with me having to wait 3 months for delivery i decided to overlook the dents and keep the uke, i loved the uke but the buzzing was starting to become a real pain in the @£$e, how the guy in the shop cannot hear it is beyond me, but there ya go. Anyway i rang the shop today and spoke to Rachel who is an angel in my eyes, if there is such a thing Rachel is one, she told me i have'nt been happy with the instrument since i bought it and they were sending me a new one................AMAZING!!!! it arrived this afternoon and guess what there are no buzzing issues and apart from some scratches on the headstock and a few minute dinks on the soundboard it is playing beautifully, the grain on the back is'nt as pleasing on the eye but who gives a damn it plays without buzzing, i am now in love with my mainland again, big thanx to Rachel and Steve of Eagle Music in Huddersfield fair play they did not mess about, they will come highly recommended from me, excellent service from a real music shop

I am glad it is getting resolved! I hope it can get fixed because those cedars are wonderful! And I know Mike is super-helpful! Will keep fingers crossed your baby will be back home soon :)

Always great to hear about great shops willing to make things right.

Did you get a brand new one, or a used one, in return? Just curious.

Did you get a brand new one, or a used one, in return? Just curious.

its a new one CK it does have a couple of surface scratches on the headstock, but the one i sent back wasn't exactly in pristine condition it had some serious dents on the back, i am well happy with this one, and i just want you guys to know about the service Eagle Music give their customers

Last edited:
I am glad it is getting resolved! I hope it can get fixed because those cedars are wonderful! And I know Mike is super-helpful! Will keep fingers crossed your baby will be back home soon :)
thanx MIM, i loved the one i sent back it was a lovely uke,it was my first serious uke, Mike was fantastic, he even offered to sort it out for me even though i did'nt buy it directly from him, true gentleman, the new one they sent me sounds absolutely bang on i loves it lol

Always great to hear about great shops willing to make things right.

thats why i put the thread up UkueBass23, there should be a sticky with reputable uke shops, I have bought from MIM she was excellent the best, SUS in England were also very good, but on a par with SUS is Eagle Music also in England for the way they handled my issues

Top Bottom