Your weekly dose of the Cloverdale Kid.

TCK

Reaction score
I have recently discovered Pokey Lafarge (how did I miss that one?)- if you like old music, give this guy a shot...I figure he is the best thing to happen to music in a long time.
Anyway, I learned this song from listening to it until Melissa threatened to leave me, but I figure she likes the way I play it, y'all might as well.

Thanks for watching folks

aaaah, if I can't have a daily dose then I always love me a weekly dose of the Cloverdale Kid. Mate, this is a gem of a tune and so sweetly played. well done brother, off to check out Pokey...

Thanks for the kudos mate, I appreciate it- you are going to love Mr. LaFarge for sure.
Hey- guess what I just signed on for? A really costly completion date...
Curly Cherry and Sitka Spruce, with one of those shiny bits in the front :)

Thanks for the kudos mate, I appreciate it- you are going to love Mr. LaFarge for sure.
Hey- guess what I just signed on for? A really costly completion date...
Curly Cherry and Sitka Spruce, with one of those shiny bits in the front :)

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

(um, yeah that's really good Dave...)

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

(um, yeah that's really good Dave...)

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
LOL- yeah...anyone wanna buy ten banjo ukes? :)
SO excited I could wet myself...now to wait until September. I figure by then I might be good enough to deserve it (hahaha)

Great song and performance. Looking online for lafarge.

Keep these coming. They're great appreciated. Fun to sing and play along with.

Why thanks Jack, and yeah, Mister LaFarge is the real deal...but I will keep them coming as I figure at this point, no one can stop me ;)

Great song and performance. Looking online for lafarge.

Keep these coming. They're great appreciated. Fun to sing and play along with.

Don't leave me hangin', brother

Good stuff. I discovered Pokey LaFarge on NPR.

Cherry and Spruce.....?

:eek:ld:

Thanks for listening all- appreciate the kind words. Now off to figure out a new train tune with my wife...
We have not mined the punk rock genre enough on that thread

Nice job! I really enjoyed that.

Pokey! I had the great pleasure of seeing Pokey this past fall in a tiny venue in Pittsburgh - it was simply awesome. The man is just a dynamo - so charismatic live. And the band is super tight. Highly recommended.

Great performance on your part too.

I am horrible at picking out chords - so any Pokey chords/tabs that you'd like to share would be very greatly appreciated too.

Holy smokes, that's a great tune, Dave.... I keep hearing the name Pokey Lafarge, but hearing it from your lips seals the deal - I gotta check him out.... I'll tell you what, man, you just keep getting better - seems like every video is better than the last.... keep em coming..... and don't pick the train song I haven't gotten around to recording yet, either.... and congratulations on pulling the trigger on a resonator - that's about as cool as it needs to get....

Thanks all- and Bill, yes, go go go go! Thanks for your kind words...I play in a void, so my only feedback is here-it inspires me to learn more all the time (as does the bill hanging over me-so stoked I pulled the trigger...but how am I gonna wait?)
apnaples- here you go, this one is easy peasey :)

C G C
Ease me down Josephine
F C
Got somethin’ makes me wanna stay
F C Am
You know I’d never lead you, blind or astray
F G C
Ease me down my sweet Josephine

Instrumental- follows verse
C G C
Take me out in the yard
F C
And lay me down at half past eight
F C Am
Roll me through your gardens vine covered gate
F G
Well ease your body into mine.
Ease me down Josephine
Got somethin’ makes me wanna stay
Ease me down my sweet Josephine
Instrumental- follows verse
It's cigarettes and whiskey at dawn,
And apples and oranges at noon
It’s the summer time in the city, We’ll be leavin’ soon
I’m going to Carolina, rest my bones.
Ease me down Josephine
You got somethin’ makes me down wanna stay
Just as me down my sweet
Josephine

Hey man thanks for the chords - I have to practice this up.

Ah, a might fine dose of the Cloverdale Kid. Very nice Dave. I'm listening to Pokey's Tiny Desk performance as I type this. Thanks for the recommendation. I've added his two albums to Saved for Later on my emusic account. Excellent work. Congrats on the Mya-Moe. Some day I too will be signing up for a costly completion date. I'm leaning towards a myrte or sycamore baritone. The most recent frog's hair myrtle tenor is killing me. Well, every one of their completed instrument photos has been killing me for several months now. I almost have the deposit saved.

Great stuff Dave. Now to go practice that picking pattern you were doing.....

Thanks Ray and Rox- glad you are digging Mr. LaFarge Ray...he is the real deal. I would love to hand you a Mya Tenor for the chance to play a Mya Baritone...just let me know if you are ever vacationing in beautiful Cloverdale California :)
Rox- just drive down, I will pick the tune out with ya all afternoon if you want...Bring the Koaloha ;)

Top Bottom