SF Bay Area Ukes: Herb Ohta Jr. show October 8

k0konutz

Reaction score
Two of Hawaii's favorite "sons," Keoki Kahumoku and Herb Ohta, Jr., come to Yoshi's San Francisco, October 8th. Carrying on the musical legacies of their fathers -- slack key guitar master, George Kahumoku, Jr. and `ukulele master, Herb "Ohta-San" Ohta -- Keoki and Herb honor their heritage, yet add their own contemporary flair to each performance.
Yoshi's San Francisco
1330 Fillmore
San Francisco, CA

October 8, 2008
10 pm $10
8 pm $16

Buy tickets here

Seating policy:
- Doors open 15 - 30 minutes prior to performance. -Seating is general admission on first come first served basis. However, there are several ways to get reserved seating and avoid having to stand in line.
-Yoshi's staff will reserve seats for the show if a patron dines in the restaurant or the bar/lounge prior to the show. Early arrival and a purchase minimum ($15 bar/lounge, $25 restaurant; per person) are required for this option. Please check with the box office and/or your server.
-We offer the 'PRIORITY' ticket option for patrons who choose not to dine at Yoshi's and still avoid standing in the general admission line. Additional service fee will apply. This option may not be available on low-priced tickets and matinee shows.
-Reserved seating is also available for groups of 10 or more. Contact our box office for details.
-When the club doors open, we'll let in patrons who do not have reserved seating. Line usually forms outside the box office door. The door staff will give advice on how to find seats that are not already assigned to other patrons.
If you've been to Yoshi's in Oakland before, the seating policy is similar, but you can choose to pay an additional fee with your ticket price to have your seats reserved (or dine in the restaurant/lounge prior to the show). But do not worry, there really isn't a bad seat in the entire club.

I'll be at the 10:00 show. Hope to see you there!

man, i'm workin late that night... shucks.

thx for postin up tho koko!

They're gonna be at the Napa Valley Uke Fest on the 10th and 11th. More info and the itinerary can be found here.

I just read this post now... I can't believe I missed this one. :(

I've been so busy with work that I haven't kept up with the UU forums... I gotta get my priorities straight. ;)

The 10pm show was cancelled due to low ticket sales (it probably would have just been me!) so I got off of work early to make it to the 8:00 show. They did, however, have an extended set and played about 1 hour and 45 minutes! It was great. First, Herb played a couple tunes by himself ("Lean On Me" and "Over the Rainbow") and then Keoki played a couple. Then they played together and did some of their classics like "Five More Minutes" and also did Santana's "Europa" which was such a delight to see live.
Also: Hula Dancers.

Top Bottom