My first Ukulele, well 1B actually

hammer40

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a new uke yesterday, a Pono AT. I guess technically it's my second uke since my first, an Islander MST-4, was sent back the day I received it due to some quality issues. I posted pictures about that in a previous thread.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...slander-MST-4-delivered-today-but-with-issues

It took a couple of weeks to get my money back and during that time I think I began suffering from paralysis thru analysis due to all the new research and video/sound clips I was watching.

Initially, it finally had come down to the Islander MST-4 or the Pono, and I opted to go with the Islander. After I had to send it back, the supply or lack there of, of the Islanders and Pono's had led me to more research online for a substitute. I think at one point I had every model uke on my list and didn't know what I wanted. But then a forum member (atltue) was kind enough to post a quality video of himself and his Pono Acacia Tenor while he played "Blue Roses Falling". After that I knew the Pono was the one I wanted and would keep looking for one.

It took some time to find somebody who still had one in stock but it will finally be on it's way to me on Monday. I have to wait a couple of extra days because the music shop only ships out on Monday's, since they don't want their instruments sitting in a truck over the weekends. That is what he told me anyway, and at this point a couple of extra days won't hurt

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Islanders sound and since my first (1B) uke will now be an Acacia, I can clearly see the justification for my second uke to be that hard to find Mahogany Tenor from Islander.

All I have to do now is learn how to play it. That's the easy part right?

Yup! Playing is way easier than uke shopping.

ooh. I've been eyeing that Pono. Please give us a review once the initial rush wears off.

Congratulations!

I also went from Islander (MT-4) to Pono (RTSH) recently. I'm sure you'll be happy with your Pono, and like you, I'm thinking of finding another Islander as my second uke (Low-G).

Top Bottom