Martin Style 3M ukulele, circa 1925

Aloha Sorcha,
Since you are new..here are the rules... and a picture with your name and date.. and price.. thanks...
You know how it is...there were problems before and we don't take chances anymore..
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...uleles-in-the-Marketplace-READ-BEFORE-POSTING

I don't think he's trying to sell it here...I think he is just looking for information?

Although, I'm not sure what information he is looking for since the pictures aren't awesome and he already knows the year it was made?

I am sorry, however I am not looking to sell it through here so I do not understand? I was just posting it to share it with ukulele enthusiasts and to say if anyone has information about this type of ukulele feel free to share.

Never mind, it seems this is not the right place to come to. Goodbye.

Last edited:
I am sorry, however I am not looking to sell it through here so I do not understand? I was just posting it to share it with ukulele enthusiasts and to say if anyone has information about this type of ukulele feel free to share.

Well, that kind of blows... I would have liked to see his Martin. I feel bad that he didn't feel welcome.

I saw his ealier thread. He wasn't trying to sell it. He was only seeking information on it. I considered trying to help him by giving him all of the information George Gruhn has in his Guide to Vintage Guitars but I was too lazy and now, I feel bad too...

Sorcha,

Here is the info from George Gruhn's "Guide to Vintage Guitars":

Style 3: mahogany body, 7-ply top binding, 3-ply back binding, 5-ply soundhole ring, celluloid (or bone) ornament lower edge of top, 17-fret ebony fingerboard extends to soundhole, small pearl paired-diamond inlay at frets 5, 7, and 9, diamonds joined at 7th fret, 3 lines inlaid down center of fingerboard, nut of 3-ply plastic, 4-point celluloid (or bone) peghead ornament, friction pegs
Introduced: 1918
Koa wood 3K available: 1920
Unjoined diamond inlay at 7th fret, no peghead ornament, nickle patent pegs: 1923
Style 3 last listed: 1939
No celluloid ornament at lower edge of top: late 1940s
Style 3 still in production (koa available)

This book is copyrighted 1991.

One other point. The "C.F. Martin" stamp on the back of the headstock dates it to pre-1935.

Hope this helps...!!!

Last edited:

Aloha Sorcha,
I apoligize for the misunderstanding..we are a nice bunch of ukers here.. here is some info on Martin Ukes...
http://www.whitetreeaz.com/vintage/ukes.htm sorry again and hope you come back..
another good site is...http://www.geocities.com/~ukulele/martin.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom