Extoling The Virtues Of

rook

Reaction score
Southcoast Uke Strings! :cool:

Got my 2 sets in the mail the other day and just tonight I slapped the non-wound low G string on and...wow big difference, sound is mellow and loud, sweet and serious.

Low G perfected as far as I'm concerned.

:drool:

I've got a set of their high re-entrant strings on order which I should get next week. If I like them on a concert I'll probably order a low 4th set for my tenor. Did you tune in D like Dirk recommends on his site or do you feel they are good in C?

I've got a set of their high re-entrant strings on order which I should get next week. If I like them on a concert I'll probably order a low 4th set for my tenor. Did you tune in D like Dirk recommends on his site or do you feel they are good in C?

I should have mentioned that...yes standard C, and I found they settled in quickly

I put the Southcoast medium high re-entrants on my Islander concert for its first string change. Dirk is really onto something and has obviously put alot of thought into string selection. Very even clear tone across the fretboard and nice tactile feel. On another note, the pin bridge is great and string change is just like changing on a steel string. You just tie a knot to hold a standard string ball/grommet.

Top Bottom