Ukulele Instrumental for a Spring Recital?

beginnerukeman143

Reaction score
I'm going to play in a upcoming Recital for my mothers piano students and she wants me to play a piece on the Ukulele, (instrumental of course) and I was wondering if you guys would have any suggestions....

Play something you already know well.

–Lori

If you'd like to play a piano piece, I have a transcription of Franz Liszt's Liebestraum #3. If you PM me with your email address, I'll send it to you.

!!!

I can barely play that on the piano. Uke version????

Yeah, the piano one is much harder. And, the uke one is only the A section, a little taste of development, (no key change) and pretty close transcription of the ending.

Any particular Genre? Are you a looking for a lot of picking, or mostly strumming. Would a chord solo work for you? Fast song or a slow song?

yeah i was looking for something that is mostly picking.

and i would prefer something not to long but not to short.... and not to slow either, since whenever i think of spring i think of flowers blooming and bees buzzing around everywhere...

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/user/colinrtribe/featured

You could take a look at some of Colin Tribe's arrangements. He will email one to you if you request it. I have enjoyed playing several of his arrangements. "Oh, what a beautiful morning" is a good spring song, and he has a nice arrangement of that one.

–Lori

Thank you! i have already asked him for the tablature of "Oh, what a beautiful morning" :) I'm sure it will sound great

Top Bottom