New Uke Day!! (Kamaka HF-3L – long neck tenor)

ukeonthebeach

Reaction score
I picked up this beauty yesterday, a Kamaka long neck tenor. I saw it a couple weeks ago at Island Bazaar, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I had to grab it! Pretty nice set of koa (I think anyway). It sounds just like it should too! I immediately put on some worth clears. I might try some others later — any suggestions? Anyway have a great weekend everyone. Here are some pics:

IMG_9480 by scdreger, on Flickr

IMG_9476 by scdreger, on Flickr

IMG_9477 by scdreger, on Flickr

IMG_9478 by scdreger, on Flickr

Stunning! I bet she sounds as good as she looks. Congrats!

Congrats to your new uke! I use worth clear on my HF-3 too. Next one I will try FREMONT blackline.

That's really nice. I just got a HF-3 I didn't know they made a longneck tenor.

Yes yes it's a beautiful kamaka ukulele...Island Bazaar sounds like the go to place for ukes in the west coast...is there a lady who teaches there? what is her name?? jus wondering

Thanks guys! To answer a couple questions:

I have it tuned high G, regular uke tuning. It is only 1" longer in scale than the regular one.

I believe they just started making the long neck versions. This particular uke (along with a super concert) was on display at NAMM, and that is where Island Bazaar purchased it (they are a Kamaka dealer). That is probably why the wood set is so nice.

My camera is a Canon 60D and I used the 24-135 F4/L lens.

Island Bazaar is pretty great! Nice selection and it happens to be 5 minutes from my house here in Huntington Beach. Shirley is the owner and she does teach classes out of the store.

Do you mean the 24-105mm F4/L lens? I have the same lens and can't wait to take pics of my Donaldson uke with it. Objects look good with natural light.

Do you mean the 24-105mm F4/L lens? I have the same lens and can't wait to take pics of my Donaldson uke with it. Objects look good with natural light.

Yes..you're correct. It's the 24-105 F4/L, not only that it, was my 50D body, not the 60D. Whoops!

Wow! That's stunning!! Congratulations on your new ukulele. I bought a new Kamaka HF-3 at Music Folk in St. Louis last week and it looks like a sister to yours. I thought about changing out the strings, but everyone who has listened to it says they love the sound. It is loud and rings like a bell with the factory strings -- though they are a little 'hard'. Think I'll leave them as-is for now and decide later on different strings. Anyway... enjoy your new one.

I have had my new HF-3 for about two weeks they are great instruments. Yours is beautiful! Enjoy!

Whoa. I knew there was a long neck concert but wasn't aware there was a long neck tenor. I'm sure that sounds as beautiful as it looks - congratulations!

(And, darn it - I thought I was completely immune to UAS. I was wrong.)

SWEET!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Congratulations! The grain on that ukulele is breathtaking! Does it require special strings to compensate for the extra inch from the saddle to the nut, or can you use a regular tenor set of GCEA strings?

Top Bottom