Rare Soprano Harp Uke by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
This is a new, rare one of a kind soprano size Harp uke I recently finished. This
uke features a European spruce top and Macadamia wood for the body and neck. A
graphite truss rod is included in the neck for stability. The top bindings, neck
bindings and rosette inlay are hand-made rope binding of dark koa and maple. The
head plate, fingerboard and bridge are dark Koa. There are 12 frets to the body, 15
total. The fingerboard and logo inlays are abalone shell. Bone nut and bridge
saddle. Grover brand gold friction tuners with smaller uke-friendly round
cream-colored plastic knobs. Satin nitro-lacquer finish. Low easy playing action.
Standard small uke frets are used with a scale length of 13 5/8". The strings are
brown Worth brand. The sound is very mellow, full and rich with a little something
extra because of the added extended arm chamber. Lots of volume with a quick
response and a very nice bark. Limited lifetime warranty to the original owner. Your
complete satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back minus shipping costs. No case
but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA
lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no
Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$2000 - SOLD

Attachments

• Harp uke 2012-02a.jpg
    Harp uke 2012-02a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Harp uke 2012-02b.jpg
    Harp uke 2012-02b.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Harp uke 2012-02c.jpg
    Harp uke 2012-02c.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Harp uke 2012-02d.jpg
    Harp uke 2012-02d.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Harp uke 2012-02e.jpg
    Harp uke 2012-02e.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Wow.

I've spent the last couple minutes looking at that pic of the back. It's kind of exhausting how beautiful the macadamia + the shape is.

Meanwhile, as an unsolicited shout-out: I bought a koa pineapple Black Bear from Daune a few months back. It's starting to open up, and is just wonderful in terms of build, sound, and understated elegance.

You can't go wrong with a Black Bear.

Thanks, Duane.

Ditto what Connor said about Black Bear quality, sound, and craftmanship. I think that they are the best buy around and I own 10+ ukes <g>

Top Bottom