New uke for me!

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My wife sent me on a road trip to wilmington, NC. It is a hour and a half from me and the home of the NC Ukulele Academy! She said if I would do the errand for her that she would buy me a new uke. I am sure my running to the car broke the sound barrier! Anyway, while I was there I played a beautiful used (50's or 60's) gold label Kamaka pineapple (only $395!) I was very tempted but I don't think my uke buying license was issued for that amount :). That led me to play many of the others hanging on the wall. I fell in love with this cigar box uke made by the proprietor of NCUA Kent Knorr. It is soprano in size but huge in sound. I have always wanted one but have never seen one first hand. Pics do not do it justice. It is a sweet little uke that I am looking forward to putting many hours of playing on!
View attachment 34310View attachment 34311View attachment 34312View attachment 34313

congrats on your new cigarbox uke..and it must have been a fun trip there..yup pic's don't work..awe

Love your story, Rem! Is anything sweeter than uke love?

We're a couple hours from UkeAcademy and are waiting for a good day to check out Kent's inventory.

Love your story, Rem! Is anything sweeter than uke love?

We're a couple hours from UkeAcademy and are waiting for a good day to check out Kent's inventory.
It will be well worth the trip! Get on his mailing list and go to a monthly jam session!

Congratulations~ such fun!

Nice choice Dean. Does your wife have any other "errands" that she needs done? Specifically in the state of MA? I would be happy to volunteer my services.

If she does,I am running them but you can bet I wouldn't think twice about that gold label kamaka if I had to encounter snow! Ha!

Congrats! That Kamaka sounded like a good deal though. If I ever get a Kamaka soprano, the pineapple is the only one I want.

Call Kent @ NCUA and see what he can do for you. It was a beaut!

Uh, Dean .... that's a sneaky way out of your idea (threat?) to make your own CBU! LMAO!

Fun post! Your writing is as engaging as your singing. :)

Doug

Top Bottom