Mahogany ukulele reccomendations plz

Ryan<3Ukes

Reaction score
:iwant: For the last couple of weeks I've been really craving a mahogany tenor (and a banjolele but I can put that off longer) .I'm leaning towards a mainland slotted headstock or saving a little more for a keli'i koa top and mahogany back and sides. What other ukes should I look out for? I'd lean more towards a different soundboard than all solid mahogany and I don't have a set price range. It took me 15 minutes to write this because I'm watching the slam dunk contest at the same time (its kind of terrible) so I'd really appreciate your answers. :)

I think it's hard to beat a Mainland in the price range. I've never played one of their tenors, but the mahogany soprano I own and the one I bought my niece are both very nice. I've never played a Keli'i, but I've heard good things about them.

I absolutely LOVE all-mahogany ukes. I don't know what advantage would be gained from a top made from some other wood... I do have a couple of all-koa ukes, and I prefer the mahogany ones. Some of that might be the brands though. It's really hard to beat an old mahogany Martin!

If you go mahogany, go all mahogany. All hog ukes are sweet! I love my mahogany Collings tenor. I'll never let it go!

One of my favorite ukes I owned was a mahog back and side/koa top Mele. I love mainland. I love Mele. When it comes to mahog...I go Mele only. Red cedar it is mainland. Good luck in your search. Lots of options.

One of my favorite ukes I owned was a mahog back and side/koa top Mele. I love mainland. I love Mele. When it comes to mahog...I go Mele only. Red cedar it is mainland. Good luck in your search. Lots of options.

Sooooo many options!

Sooooo many options!

narrow it down to hand made or machine made. Keli'i also makes a mahog uke. I've never played one of their all mahog ukes but I have played their mahog/koa combos.

I currently have a few mainland mahogs. I like them but I just feel that the red cedar mainland is hard to beat.

I will have a Loprinzi B all mahogany baritone on Monday and will report back after I have a chance to play it. I've had a mahogany mainland concert which was sweet and I have a Kiwaya soprano which is amazing.

I will have a Loprinzi B all mahogany baritone on Monday and will report back after I have a chance to play it. I've had a mahogany mainland concert which was sweet and I have a Kiwaya soprano which is amazing.

you will love that loprinzi. Great ukes. I have never gotten to play a kiwaya. I have heard they are the best production mahogany ukes. I drool after them.

you will love that loprinzi. Great ukes. I have never gotten to play a kiwaya. I have heard they are the best production mahogany ukes. I drool after them.

Yeah, I can't wait. I looked for any feedback on these and found very little, yet I know Loprinzi has a great rep. Get a hold of a Kiwaya if you can John...impeccable.

Yeah, I can't wait. I looked for any feedback on these and found very little, yet I know Loprinzi has a great rep. Get a hold of a Kiwaya if you can John...impeccable.

Mike carries them but he doesn't get them in often. I have gotten to play many of the Loprinzi models. They are as good as the Hawaiian ukes IMO.

The Gretsch and Hamano ukuleles have caught my attention. Has anyone tried them?

Top Bottom