Gretsch 30's/40's Soprano mahogany uke

garyg

Reaction score
I'm thinning the herd of ukes that I don't play regularly and this Gretsch, although a wonderful uke, is one that I do not play very much. It has Fremont Blacklines on it and a wonderful vintage sound, I've just decided that I like my 20's Gretsch more. There is a video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksdGc7TcCS4 and I'll attach some pictures. The condition is excellent for a uke made in the late 30's or early 40's, with some varnish wear and a ding or two but nothing else. Solid mahogany. Price $285 plus shipping/insurance, probably around $25. This is a great uke at a bargain price, I'd just like to see it go to someone who will use and appreciate it rather than have it sit in my closet.

has it got kerfing between sides and body... or none?
thanks

has it got kerfing between sides and body... or none?
thanks

Hi no kerfing, does that indicate age? I noticed that my Gretsch American (teens or 20's) does have kerfing but neither this one nor the one that I have from the 50's 60's do. cheers, g2

Price dropped to $250, that's $50 less than I paid for the uke.

@Kharijamian yeah but you pay the costs. Someone contacted me before you so let's get back together after their interest is resolved. cheers, g2

@Kharijamian, PM sent. If you want references I've sold ukes recently to fabioponta, scdano, and wdonley - feel free to contact them. cheers, g2

Top Bottom