PDA

View Full Version : Gram Pasrons' A Song For You

Craig Chee
02-26-2012, 07:08 PM
http://youtu.be/NZ334moq0uc

I got a chance to team up with another one of my favorite Eugene local musicians, Jeremy Pruitt to do a little Gram Parsons song.

I didn't notice the sheet end in frame until after :(

Hope you enjoy!

*edit and now i see i misspelled parsons in the title... boo :(

Camsuke
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Brilliant work, loved everything about it.

smellofstrings
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Perfect! Refresh me at work! Thanks for sharing! Wish someday I could do those cool improvised solo!

roxhum
02-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Wow, That is beautiful. That guy has a beautiful voice. The vid is very professional sounding. The uke sounds great. Good good job. Thank you. I think we can forgive the sheet end showing.

23skidoo
02-27-2012, 04:06 AM
This is really excellent - great vocals, beautiful lead on the ukulele, nice harmony vox, and a great tune..... I always enjoy the videos you post, but this is exceptional. Nicely done....

Hippie Dribble
02-27-2012, 04:30 AM
wow guys, my jaw is on the floor. It's 1.30 in the morning here and maybe I'm tired and emotional or something but this cut me to the core, speechless. Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff...you guys should do a record together. Best thing I've seen in a long while, thanks for this Craig and Jeremy.

Craig Chee
02-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Campbell- thank you so much!

William- I used to use an old tape recorder to play chords and play it back trying to solo over it. Thank you for the comment, I've been watching your videos and I'm really impressed by your arrangements!

RoxHum- I was so devastated because I noticed it in the first take and I completely forgot to fix it before the next take... Thank you for the kind words, Jeremy is my favorite person in town to sing with.

Skidoo- I think part of why I attached myself to this song is that there is so many more open spots in the playing. Usually I'm trying to fill up the sound with as much as I can but I loved trying to be picky about where I would play and entwine with the guitar. I felt really good after shooting this. Thank you again for the comments!

Eugene- We will do a video together some day! I actually had Jeremy sing harmony for a song on the album, but we do need to put out a album together! Something about this song really gets to me too... Thank you for the comments, I will definitely pass them along to Jeremy!

Hippie Dribble
02-27-2012, 01:37 PM
oh, back for another shot at this. Sounds just as great as it did last night, better actually. Simply amazing stuff here. To me this is as good as it gets.

TCK
02-27-2012, 04:20 PM
This is absolutely beautiful- that little Mya is conveying every bit of the emotion Gram intended this tune to convey in the hands of a great player.
Absolutely beautiful...
What sheet? :)

caukulele
02-27-2012, 04:57 PM
This was SUPER! What a great job on so many levels. Loved everything about it! Thank you so much for sharing.

Craig Chee
02-28-2012, 11:36 AM
i'm glad it wasn't just a one night affair eugene! thank you so much for your comments.

tck & caukulele, thank you for taking the time to comment! i love being able to share and hope to do so for a long time to come :) still bothered by that sheet though... hahaha.

oh! and this is the first time i put on the d'addario titanium strings... totally in love with them even if they caused my fingers to hurt (just the first full day of playing) for the first time in ten years!