T2 string volumes and tuning

souljam

Reaction score
Honolulu, Hawaii or Boston, Massachusetts
Hey Guys,
I have had a tenor Kanilea for a couple of years now and have had daddario T2s on them. Ive noticed that the c-string, is significantly louder than all the other strings. Has anyone experienced this with other strings too?

Also, has anyone noticed that the T2s require a lot of tuning even though they have been broken in?

Im just wondering if anyone else has these issues. I really like the tension and tone of these strings, but they can get a little annoying sometimes.

Aloha,
Souljam

Also, has anyone noticed that the T2s require a lot of tuning even though they have been broken in?

Im just wondering if anyone else has these issues.

Yes, I had tuning issues too. I put T2 Titanium strings on a BP concert about 3-weeks ago. The tuning was always variable needing tuning, very susceptible to temperature or playing. They would start flat but if I played them a while they would sharpen up and be in tune. If I tuned up when I first picked up the uke the strings would be sharp after a while.

In addition to the tuning problems, the T2 were just a little too plastic sounding to me, too much treble with just too little sustain, but very clear notes, nice feel. I had to take them off today, as I just wasn't enjoying them as much as Worth or South Coasts. Although, I decided to replace with Nyltech strings, new from D'Addario + Aquila to continue my string experiment. :)

Definitely need adjustments like the Pro Artes but is that a bad thing? I remember reading a post by Rick Turner and paraphrasing, he said that's what tuners are for so use them. I personally felt the T2s have lots of sustain on my I'iwi tenor. I'm trying Worth Browns now just to get a different flavor.

The T2 sustain wasn't bad but not as good as the Worth CLs that were on the BP concert last.

I also did not care for the Pro Artes the last time I tried them......could be the uke I tried them on.

Top Bottom