strings 8 sets compared and a blind test video sound challange

which number set did you pick in the blind test?

• set 1

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • set 2

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • set 3

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • set 4

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • set 5

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • set 6

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • set 7

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • set 8

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
I had fun watching this today,thanks MGM!

would love to see if i can make a poll for this thread and you can list which one you picked....

That was awesome Mike. Number one was my "best favorite." Next time I order strings I'll have to try those (don't want to post any spoilers). Any chance for a low g demo in the future?

Last edited:
I listened to the blind test four times and I'm going with set #1. I have no clue which strings those are...

Edit:
I see. I stopped the video too soon. I'll have to try those out sometime.

Last edited:
Aloha Mike,
It's personal preference...some strings for some songs and other for others.. top 3 in no particular order... 8, 6, and 2......
was number 1 the alohi and number 8 the aquila? he he

Last edited:
What a great idea! I'm stoked because #1 sounded best to me, and three sets of Aaron's strings are due to be delivered tomorrow.

I laughed so hard at the end I woke my husband up! Looking forward to that recipe!

Its funny I liked 4, 7 and 8 and couldn't help but notice that they are among the most often used. What was used to make the sound recording?

I picked #8, but then I saw that they were the strings I have...perhaps they sound the best because they are the ones I am used too? Waiting for the stew recipe... :)

This is exactly why I love this board. Hip hip hooray for MGM.

How fun was that? I was only able to identify the brand on one set in the blind test. Really liked the Worth BTs, I'd have to say they're my favorite. That being said I liked most of the sets of strings fine. Only two brands were ones that I could avoid.

Thanks for the demo MGM. It was a education.

Me, I liked #4, not too "plinky" in sound.

My choice also went to #4.

Quick question: I went to grab some Aaron C. Strings on the site, but saw two options- Regular, and Wound 4th. Is "regular" high G? I assume "Wound 4th" is the low G.

thanks

I picked 7, but maybe because it was near the end and my short term memory is... I forgot what I was going to say. anyway thanks.

Mahalo Mike for that. The one I picked is what I ordered, sounds so good to my old ears. Thanx Aaron...............BO..........

Top Bottom