Opihi Moe Moe, Take 2

Braddah Aaron, Imi looked more comfortable and mo' fluent den da first one. I tink he enjoyed this take mo bettah and I know speed goin come with time and he goin be freakin good.

What I did was opened the vid and den wen back to anodda tab and just listened to the music without viewing the vid. Just listening to it, you would think he was one seasoned playa. I think das one good way to get one first impression, den watch the video. Jus tell to keep on jammin. I stay jealous now and no can wait fo da next one

I think he was, and still is, a little nervous about being videoed, and put on YouTube for the world to see.

I've been working on technique with him (and my boys, of course), but its hard to have him settle down into a "proper technique/classical guitar" style when he's playing a "showpiece" like Opihi Moe Moe, especially at his age. Of course, once he found out Ledward is related, distantly, Imi emulates him (not Jake).

We saw the `ukulele contest at Aloha Tower the other month, and a LOT of showmanship there, but not a whole lot of core (with a few exceptions, of course).

We'll see if we can add in some Christmas songs later this year. And, thanks for leaving the comment - brought a big smile to his face.

-Aaron

I love it, especially when da younger generations start playing traditional music. Ledward is related, how special is dat?

Awesome job!
This was one of the first songs I learned on ukulele! Very nice job on it sir

Top Bottom