Yamaha, Stagg or Aria 6 string?

Nige52

Reaction score
I'm tempted to buy a 6 string Guitalele just for the hell of it and something different to add to the collection. There are 3 models I've seen at about the same price, one is the Yamaha GL1 Guitalele and another is the Stagg version, finally comes the ARIA ATC120-6 Tenor Ukulele.....
Does anyone have any comments on any of these models? Is one a better build than the other for example, a better sound, or lower action etc? I'd be grateful to listen to your comments ;)

The two of the better choices are Yamaha and Aria.
Both have good quality instruments in general, including ukes.

The Stagg.. well.. if it's the same price as Yamaha or Aria, I would no go for it.

Out of the 3, the most well known Guitalele is definitely the Yamaha.
Very popular guitalele. I've tried one in store, absolutely a pleasure to play.

Thank you for your reply Kissing.
I too was drawn to the Yamaha but needed a little shove to get me to order one.....which I just have off Ebay.....;) It's getting to be a bug thing this Ukulele addiction.......LOL

I'd go for the Yamaha because it's actually cheap at my local music store. Only 120 dollars as opposed to the Aria for 160.

But yeah, I've also heard good reviews about the Yamaha so my votes go for that.

I like the neck on the Aria over the Yamaha.
I have a D-VI which is a joy to play.

FWIW, I have had good experiences of both Yamaha and Aria guitars - especially Yamaha.

Thank you for your reply Kissing.
I too was drawn to the Yamaha but needed a little shove to get me to order one.....which I just have off Ebay.....;) It's getting to be a bug thing this Ukulele addiction.......LOL

UAS is a myth. It never happened to me, and I'm sure that it won't happen to you either...

:p

Well, my Yamaha 6 string came today, including post it came to £59...a good quality bag was in with the deal and I must say, for the money I am most impressed!
I've been giving it a bit of stick and it's now staying mostly in tune and sounds great! The sustain is very good, no dull or dead notes or strings and it likes 12 bar blues picking.......:cool:
Yes, well recommended and thanks to the guys who steered me to it..;)
Cheers
Nige

Top Bottom