Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp and FREE Songbook relisted

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
I don't know how it happened but the Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp pdf and the FREE Songbook pdf were deleted.:confused:

I updated the links on my signature (Feb 28th, 2012) so it should work now. However, any previous posts may still have the defective link to the non-existent deleted file.

I hope this doesn't cause too much confusion or frustration for those who are trying to access the Boot Camp or Songbook.:(

keep uke'in',

Thanks for relisting and for all of your hard work.

Thanks for doing this Uncle Ron. I do have one question, how did you come up with those cord progressions in the practice sheets?

To all UU'er, if you don't have these in your library, please get them.

<mode geek="on">
Actually, if it's in your sig it should update. Unless this forum software is unlike any other I've ever used / maintained, everything in the signature is dynamic and added to the post each time the post is displayed.
</mode>

Rod, Always good to see you on here!!

Hi Uncle Rod! I've already downloaded both previously, but I wanted to take the time to say thank you. I appreciate all the work that has gone into these. You're a generous man. Thank you for the kokua.

Ditto that! Thanks so much!

This is great, Rod - thank you!

Can I make a suggestion though? There's something on 4shared.com that makes my browser crash. Have you tried Dropbox? You can have links, but no need for the adverts. The basic accounts are totally free.

Ahhhhh noooooooo, no boot camp! Got it on my ipad, 2 hard copies, practice it all the time! It's great for practicing picking patterns too. So glad it's back. Thank you Thank you Uncle Rod.

Uncle Rod:

I don't have a uke yet (it's in the mail!) but many forum members have pointed me to your work.

I am grateful for your time and effort putting this together for noobs like me
:bowdown:

Having skimmed to the end, I think I will try to follow your advice on music before songs. Yo might just have saved me some aggravation!

Thank you most kindly.

Uncle Rod, perfect timing! We are in Maui and we went over to some friends for pupus and songs. My friend Harry has taken the uke up since Christmas, along with his wife who has been playing for about a year. I was trying to find your bootcamp as this helped me really progress to the point I can play "most" songs on the fly - maybe not well but that's not your fault. I sent the link to my friend. Thanks for the resource, the discipline and the structure of the bootcamp. See you at the Kitchen in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Hi, this is a fantastic resource, I can't wait to get practicing.

I was, however, going to make a similar suggestion to the below:

Can I make a suggestion though? There's something on 4shared.com that makes my browser crash. Have you tried Dropbox? You can have links, but no need for the adverts. The basic accounts are totally free.

It didn't make my browser crash, but I did click on about 5 different 'Download' and 'click here now' links before I found the one that actually lead to the pdf downloading. Such an awful awful file sharing site. Dropbox would be free, and much friendlier.

<mode geek="on">
Actually, if it's in your sig it should update. Unless this forum software is unlike any other I've ever used / maintained, everything in the signature is dynamic and added to the post each time the post is displayed.
</mode>

I have just enough tech geek left in me to LOVE this post. :love:

@Uncle Rod, I use this several times a week, it has really helped me, thank you so much for making it available to ukers everywhere, I love you too! :love: :worship:

I have just enough tech geek left in me to LOVE this post. :love:

@Uncle Rod, I use this several times a week, it has really helped me, thank you so much for making it available to ukers everywhere, I love you too! :love: :worship:

Thanks. Sometimes we geeks just have to get a little silly. I've spent 35 years doing everything in my power to avoid getting promoted away from my geek roots.

John

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

As to how I came up with the progression... I grew up on the C, Am, F, G7 progression. I then learned to substitute the Dm7 for the F and the Cdim for the Am. After that I just tried to include chords I used as I played the songs I love - Old Favorites.

With regard to 'dropbox' I'd love to move everything over, but I'm not sure how to do so. I mean I have dropbox for my personal use, but I don't know how to invite others to 'my' dropbox. Help!

Thanks again for your kind words of appreciation. I'm really glad so many seem to be using the practice sheets and the 'philosopy' to make progress playing the instrument we all love... the humble 'ukulele!

keep uke'in' everybody!

Really is a valuable resource. I had been on your site like a week or two ago trying to grab a copy and was heartbroken as my old file died on me.... but happy days are here again. Thanks good sir!

Top Bottom