luna concert tattoo?

darrendiablo

Reaction score
yo
i have been looking at a luna tattoo for a while now and i guess by teh price that they wont be much different to the brunswick one i have now
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brunswick-M...HPJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330455137&sr=8-1
this being the soprano and i actually have the concert.
what im really wondering is shall i just give in and buy this so i can tune one down to a low g? and will it sound as nice as my brunswick? (a very underrated and unheard of uke)
now the only reason i want a tattoo is that i like the look of it, nothing else.
daz

I'm beginning to go with the Southcoast recommendations and reserve low tunings to larger bodied (Tenor) instruments. Tuning small sopranos down just doesn't do it justice. If you buy the Luna, keep it high G and tune the other one down.

ah sry my explanation was terrrible its the concert brunswick i already have and im looking to get a luna to have tuned low :)
daz

I see Luna as a novelty builder. I have one of their "Traveler" guitars with dragonfly inlays, but it's more of a wall hanger than a daily player. If you like the looks, go for it. Just don't have any excessively high hopes for it.

go check out my channel on youtube, i use luna tattoo concert in most of my videos. theyre all sloppy covers but you can get a general idea i suppose. I do prefer worth browns on them though ;)

My daughter's first ukulele is a Luna tattoo concert, and she still loves it!

I see Luna as a novelty builder. I have one of their "Traveler" guitars with dragonfly inlays, but it's more of a wall hanger than a daily player. If you like the looks, go for it. Just don't have any excessively high hopes for it.

I couldn't agree less with this statement. I play my tattoo soprano for about three hours a day, and have no desire to "upgrade". Everyone at my club likes it; in fact, Ive had quite a few offers from people wanting to buy it.

They do need to be set up, though. The action is terrible on alll the ones I've played in shops.

I think if you want low g you should go bigger though. A GCEA tuned baritone would be good.

............. Everyone at my club likes it ............

I don't!

I LOVE it! A very pretty uke with a surprising voice, especially given its price. Buy with no fears, they are great for the cash and definitely a match for your Brunswick.

My very first official uke purchase was the Luna tattoo concert. Very nice little entry model. I dig the style on it, and it was pretty comfortable to play. Like ukeeku I noticed that the action was a bit high, the body edges were a bit sharp, and there were some intonation problems, but for something that costs $70, you can't really expect complete perfection.

That said, it was a really bright little player, and just a delight for a n00b like me. I've since handed it off to my god daughter, who know rocks the tattoo and apparently is hooked.

I don't know if I'd go low G on it myself, but give it a try and see how it sounds.

Top Bottom