Uas

Freeda

Reaction score
Loving #1 (Luna). #2 (Mahalo) is on backorder. Contemplating #3.

Stick with cheap and cheerful? Go for quality construction and a beautiful wood grain? Stock up on the cute novelty ukes? Get an economy pack with multiples so I have several for work and home (to satisfy teenager and clients too)?

Argh! How to narrow it down?

Buy one 2-3 times what you can afford. Then you won't get another for awhile! And you'll have more time to appreciate the one you just bought.

If there's any question, step UP.

Yup to both Kapa's and Steve's comments.

The jump from a laminate to a respectable solid uke (in my case from a Lanikai to a KPK) made me play more, which made me play better, which made me play more, which made me... you get the idea.

UAS is a myth. Don't worry about it.

It takes all kinds. After getting some great ukes like pineapple Sunday and a mya moe, Im now waiting for a black sparkly makala dolphin...

My vote is to save up for something really nice.

Oh I dunno, I find even my 30$ Mahalo smiley uke to be fun to play when p,ayed softly and gently. Plus the black dolphin is supposed to be all glittery, so it should be fun as a display piece as well.

SO rad...Not sure it will meet the grade, but they are fun

Oh I dunno, I find even my 30$ Mahalo smiley uke to be fun to play when p,ayed softly and gently. Plus the black dolphin is supposed to be all glittery, so it should be fun as a display piece as well.

That's kind of where I am, too. I have a hankering for a couple of cheap, fun-looking ukuleles, and both the Dolphin and the Mahalo Smiley Face are on the short list. Plus, if I can actually get a local club started, I need some ukes to loan out at meetings.

Aloha,
Smiley Face for my daughter; Amazon $27.00, free shipping. Adjusted action, changed strings= wonderful to play and sounds good too (per mmStan)..................................BO...........................

Nice ukes are nice, but none make me smile more than my Makala Dolphin and Mahalo Smiley Face. :)

Well I just spent three hours in the uke p*** thread. I need a cigarette! :)

From all that lookin I think I have two interests. The F labels - Fluke and Flea. And the cheapie cheerful ones. Turns out I am not a K brand kind of girl!

So I will save towards an F brand and when I am dying to splurge I will pick up another cheapie to tide me over.

I love the Atomic Flea. It's the kind of uke you play Soft Kitty on... but only when you're sick.

Right now I'm suffering more from WAS, watch acquisition syndrome, but there's plenty of ukes in the world to make the UAS flare back again.

Common UAS..ha ha 1 per month...for us poor guys...ha ha you'll see as the months go by, the more expensive upgrades and better will come with each buy.... there are two schools of
thought here....buy a really good one and forget all less expensive ones filling your house in the future or just enjoy the knowledge and experience gained from each one...whatever you choose
it's always a fun ukulele journey...happy strummings...

I thought I was cured after getting my third uke a couple of months ago... :rolleyes: Who was I kidding?! For some reason my Dolphin is the uke I pick up most often since it is there, ready to be played on its stand plus I can do some neat finger acrobatics with the shorter scale.

Now I've gotten the idea in my head that next I'm going to need a new soprano. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my ukes but I just need another (yeah right... ;))... The reasoning behind this is simple. I'm not sure where (what city, what country) I'll be living in the next six months so I need a nice acoustic uke (in addition to my Risa solid concert) I can take with me regardless of the location that can survive traveling and the climate changes. So, it needs to be loud (in case I feel like playing outside somewhere), it needs to be laminate (for easy maintenance) and preferably it needs to come with a nice case I can take with me on plane. Of course I do have my Dolphin already (and I was lucky enough to get a great sounding one) but sometimes I just get tired of intonation issues etc. and wish I had a little bit better soprano.

I've been considering Kala solid Spruce top but I'd love to hear any suggestions for a new soprano... :)

...I need a nice acoustic uke (in addition to my Risa solid concert) I can take with me regardless of the location that can survive traveling and the climate changes. So, it needs to be loud (in case I feel like playing outside somewhere), it needs to be laminate (for easy maintenance) and preferably it needs to come with a nice case I can take with me on plane.
You didn't state your budget, but here's one idea: http://karadoocomposite.blogspot.com/2012/02/carbon-fiber-ukulele-ghost-tripper8.html

Top Bottom