Can't find what I'm looking for...

ukulelearp

Reaction score
Specifically, an acoustic electric, pineapple ukulele, preferably under $150.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
ive tried looking for you mate but im out of luck.

the closest thing to an electric uke that is probably 150ish is an oscar..
which is laminated and is great for a starter

None that i can find which is a pineapple one. im sorry :(

How well do the transducer pickups perform, compared to the ukuleles with the pickups built in?

How well do the transducer pickups perform, compared to the ukuleles with the pickups built in?

Not sure. I've never used one but others here have with success. For your cost requirements, that might be your best bet. I have never seen a pineapple that had a factory installed pickup and I've owned 6 different ones.

Check out K&K Sound (especially their Hotspot).

Many moons ago (long ere the white man came across the great waters) I had an el cheapo ukulele that I'd picked up on eBay and restored. I put a Hotspot in it and it worked quite well. Depending on the sound system, it often didn't even need a pre-amp. And with a pre-amp, it rocked.

It takes a little doing to install it and, given the opportunity to do it again, I'd put in one of the internal jacks rather than the outside one like it comes with, but it's well worth the while.

And the folks at K&K (a nice little company in Oregon) are all kinds of awesome. They got all sorts of Aloha and don't even know it.

Clearwater do a pineapple shaped Uke with a pickup for £40 GBP. It's not great, but it's playable. I did a google search though, and couldn't find a US source.

Top Bottom