PDA

View Full Version : Why Mim is rad...

TCK
02-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Sitting here typing, hearing the joyous sounds of my wife bashing away at Five Foot Two on her uke.
Seems she had hit a bit of a snag in her playing. She was playing Soprano and could not get any faster, and was not developing the rhythmic strum that comes with time...I suggested a concert-spread things out a bit.
She dug her heals in- didn't need another uke, so I got her play one and she said "well, it does feel better, but that ain't the one".
On a hunch (based on the awesome feedback she gets here), I sent MIM a message-asked her if she could play a couple back to back. I figure she made a video of all the concerts she had, and the one I bought for Mel was not on her list originally, but Mim played it in the vid and it rose to the top of the ranks.
Coming from a solid Soprano set up by MGM (tall order), my wife is thrilled with this uke. Set up is perfect (even took the edges of the nut down- LOVE THAT), Mim got it here fast and was a joy to work with.
I value service more than anything, as my dollars are pretty hard earned (I have to teach 8th graders to get them)- Mim has my business any day of the week.
Thanks Mim for the fantastic service, speedy shipping and second-to-none set-up. The uke is making smiles in California right now.

Hippie Dribble
02-29-2012, 07:39 PM
so what kind of uke is it Dave? Agreed, Mim is awesomeness +++ :) Glad Mel is happy with it in any case...looking forward to your next song together, been awhile...

chrimess
03-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Don't let UncleElvis see this post. Mim is the best, you should see her armory of ukes at the HQ.

kaizersoza
03-01-2012, 01:58 AM
yep i have to agree with everyone MIM is a cut above when it comes to buying ukes, great setup, great prices, great delivery times, no matter where you are in the world

fitncrafty
03-01-2012, 02:25 AM
so what kind of uke is it Dave? Agreed, Mim is awesomeness +++ :) Glad Mel is happy with it in any case...looking forward to your next song together, been awhile...

I am with eugene.. where's the photos and what sort of uke? Mim is awesome. I would buy another uke any day of the week from her..

Lalz
03-01-2012, 02:42 AM
She's awesome. Definitely buying my next uke from her!

ckellogg
03-01-2012, 02:56 AM
All your words about Mim are so true! She is a good person, it is such a pleasure to have her also be in the ukulele business. BTW here's the tutorial where I learned 5'2", it's fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA8PvXg7CI

roxhum
03-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Ditto Mim is great
DITTO WHAT WAS THE UKE?

ukuleledaveey
03-01-2012, 03:02 AM
yep i have to agree with everyone MIM is a cut above when it comes to buying ukes, great setup, great prices, great delivery times, no matter where you are in the world
Have you purchsed from Mim Kaizer, just curious about the shipping and duty costs ? if you could through any light onto it for me.

Mim
03-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Awwwwww shucks guys! You have made my day!!! Today was one of those days where I have not left my desk from sun up to sun down, mainly because I had a few troublesome ukes (new saddles needing to be fashioned from scratch, fret ends... tedious work) and things like this make all the work I put into the ukes worth it because I feel like it is seen and appreciated!

And I am so glad she loves the uke! It really has a sweet sound and feel to it and I am glad I extended the demo to include other ukes so she could find the right one for her!!! I was thinking I knew I had a few more gems in that price point she might want to know about!

Thanks yall, you really build me up. I truly love my UU peeps! Where would I be without yall!?!? I started here as a member before being a dealer and now I joke that you all are my co-workers! Since work is quite soliatary, I pop on UU when my fingers and back needs a stretch and I feel like I have family & friends here!

kenikas
03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
I feel like I have family & friends here!

You certainly do!! And by the way I love the 2 ukes I've bought from you and heartily recommend you to everyone and anyone looking for ukes.

UncleElvis
03-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Don't let UncleElvis see this post. Mim is the best, you should see her armory of ukes at the HQ.

Don't be taken in by her sweet demeanor and amazing customer service and beautiful setups!
She is cruel and mean and abusive to her E!

scason
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
I agree. I got my Kala Solid Mahogany Tenor from her a couple of weeks ago. Her service was second to none. Her communication was excellent before AND after my purchase. I would not hesitate to buy from here again.

chrimess
03-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Did you know she stuffs parrots through the soundhole and sands them smooth with their beaks?
It is part of her setup routine.

Don't be taken in by her sweet demeanor and amazing customer service and beautiful setups!

mm stan
03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Buy from Mim on a whim....
she is the one of the best
among all the UU's finest rest...

You're a good man Dave...(From the Charile Brown) cartoon..

Steedy
03-01-2012, 03:44 PM
This is why UU has become my go-to happy place. I can feel the love. :)

Guess I need to order a uke or two from Mim. I was really lusting after that Big Island Mango, with the snake-skin spalting, that someone recently got from her.

Mim
03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
This is why UU has become my go-to happy place. I can feel the love. :)

Guess I need to order a uke or two from Mim. I was really lusting after that Big Island Mango, with the snake-skin spalting, that someone recently got from her.

I have it's twin ;) !!! Looks just slllllightly different, but barely. I just have been too swamped to get them "out there" on the internet. I got another tenor, a concert that looks a lot like it, and 4 sopranos. And then the rest are Koas, mainly tenor Cutaways! And alllll purdy! I prefer to not sell them on ebay so drop me a line if you want pictures. They are drool-worthy, I garentee it!

Mim
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM

But only to E! Sometimes you got to be cruel to a heart that's true! (get it? get it?)

Steedy
03-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I have it's twin ;) !!! Looks just slllllightly different, but barely. I just have been too swamped to get them "out there" on the internet. I got another tenor, a concert that looks a lot like it, and 4 sopranos. And then the rest are Koas, mainly tenor Cutaways! And alllll purdy! I prefer to not sell them on ebay so drop me a line if you want pictures. They are drool-worthy, I garentee it!

PM sent! :)

TCK
03-01-2012, 06:54 PM
OK- now wait a minute here MIM- what Big Island are we talking about? We might need to talk again...
Family...Famiglia, that is the real deal where I am coming from, and MIM, you are in- bask in the love here, the work you do is second to none. Thanks again.

Jon and Carrie- you guys are the best! I gotta get Mel to do a video soon- I promise one is on the way. She is kind of shy when it comes to those, but I will egg her on so you can see her new uke :)

UncleElvis
03-01-2012, 07:12 PM
But only to E! Sometimes you got to be cruel to a heart that's true! (get it? get it?)

Listen to the song, woman! It says DON'T Be cruel! Darnit!

veep
03-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Mim rocks!!!!!!