Vintage Roy Smeck Video

coolkayaker1

Reaction score

Just wanted to share. Perhaps we can pick up some tips from this video...like how to windmill the uke, or blow into the sound hole. Or, just play like a madman possessed.

And, no, he's not Eddie Van Halen's father.

Here's a brief bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Smeck

Last edited:
This is so inspirational, I've been watching this one for a while. I love the impresario guy. I need to start more sentences with "Lady,..."

I love it. It's one of my faves!

Wow! I haven't seen him before. Amazing! Gotta get back to twinkle twinkle little star

I have that saved on my "Favorites" on Youtube, and it's what I show guitarists when they make snide comments about ukulele.

This is so inspirational, I've been watching this one for a while. I love the impresario guy. I need to start more sentences with "Lady,..."

Just be careful not to sound like Jerry Lewis when you do. "Hey, Lay-deeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Someone should forward this to Jake and have him consider a tribute song to Roy, doing this same routine, with the sound hole blow thing and windmilling and all. It'd be a hoot.

Like us all, we age. Here's Roy not too long before his passing. (He begins playing uke at 1 minute into video)

Top Bottom