Video: Tony Danza plays uke for Rosie!

coolkayaker1

Reaction score

Discuss.

It's blocked in Finland. So how did he sound.. Like he's been playing for 5 years? Is he a UU member? He doesn't strike me as the uke cosmos type. :)

That was great! What a guy...

Rosie's show is on the ventilator. First filmed this past autumn in 200+ Oprah's theater studio, then reduced to 70 seat smaller studio, then in the past month or two, no more live audience. And, in Curbed Chicago housing blog, Rosie's Chicago home (where she lives alone but has visitation for her adopted children with her ex in NYC) went on sale this week.

So, Rosie's show is on its last leg. Why Oprah chose Rosie--who is as unliked as a hedgehog in a rose garden by most viewers, particularly women--I will never understand.

While I'm not a Rosie hater (not a fan either) she comes off mildly unpleasant in this segment.
OTOH Tony seems quite charming. I wonder if the uke does the same for my personality.

I met Tony in NYC this past December. When I mentioned the ukulele, his face lit up, he got excited, said he loves the ukulele.He asked me how I started playing and how long I've been playing.He told his thought for the day story. Mentioned he likes to play and sing standards. Said he will be singing on Broadway soon. It was nice talking to him about the uke.

aaaarrrggghhh!!! not available to Australian viewers either? Why on earth not? Oh well, fondest memories of Tony danza from the ol' 'Who's the Boss' days, always seemed like he'd be a great guy off camera...all the best people play uke :)

The posted video is from Oprah's YouTube cahnnel. here's a link to the video on her website, oprah.com.
http://www.oprah.com/own-rosie/Tony-Danzas-Birthday-Song-to-Rosie-Video
It's possible that the video being blocked in certain countries is a YouTube thing, but it may also be that there are international rights issues with Oprah's network that prevent the dissemination of videos taken from OWN programming in some countries, so I don't know if people in Australia and Scandanavia who were unable to watch the video through YouTube (as embedded at UU) will be able to watch this one either, but here it is just in case.

I remember knowing that Tony Danza played, but I hadn't seen/heard him before. He's pretty good! The hold-up with that song was that he was trying to cram lyrics about Rosie's birthday into "5 Foot 2", not so much that he couldn't remember the chords. He was stopping to fit the words in.

Ok, Tony Danza is a lot better player and singer than Warren Buffet! But Warren looks like he's enjoying himself, so "it's all good"... I HATE that phrase....

Yeah there are these interior designers from Sweden named Simon and Tomas (Well, Simon is British but they got famous in Sweden), who had a show on Oprah's network. It was based on their show from Sweden, Sweden's Ugliest Homes, where Simon speaks (mostly) English and everyone else speaks mostly Swedish, and they do a spectacular job.

So they're more famous here but do you think we're allowed to view the episodes? Heeeeeellllll no. Luckily Swedish TV3 bought it. This encourages piracy but they're too stupid to figure that out.

Anyway, that's awesome that he's a proper uke fan. Hold me closer, Tony Danza.. ;)

The posted video is from Oprah's YouTube cahnnel. here's a link to the video on her website, oprah.com.
It's possible that the video being blocked in certain countries is a YouTube thing, but it may also be that there are international rights issues with Oprah's network that prevent the dissemination of videos taken from OWN programming in some countries, so I don't know if people in Australia and Scandanavia who were unable to watch the video through YouTube (as embedded at UU) will be able to watch this one either, but here it is just in case.

thanks Mark for the link. That was so sweet, and he's got such a lovely voice :)

I agree with you all. Tony is humble, sincere, and a nice uker, and singer, too.

Rosie? Not so much. Such a hole, she acts like she's never seen the "baby instrument" before. No wonder her show is going into the toilet.

Top Bottom