PDA

View Full Version : "Dreamer's Ball" Queen Cover

Chris Tarman
03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
As I've mentioned before, I am big Queen fan. Yesterday I decided to try this one after it came up on my shuffle of tunes on my iPod. I changed the key from the original so that I'd have some hope of singing it. I tried several keys before I settled on F. There were certainly easier keys for fingering! But F let me do the cool stretch to the 8th fret (hurray for bass player hands!)...
I have to say, this was a hard one to get down. There isn't a real chorus. It's more like two different verse structures. So the lyrics are never the same from one part to the next. I honestly think I recorded it about 60 times before I made it all the way through from start to finish without botching the words. It was fun though, and I had a blast with the strumming. I wish my fan strum was more consistent and more fan-like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ-djg2RlKA&list=UUyYpp3obN14UCJ6-aFektfg&index=1&feature=plcp

Chris Tarman
03-03-2012, 07:33 AM
In retrospect, I wish I had played it a bit slower. Oh well...

caukulele
03-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Very difficult song but you did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Chris Tarman
03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Thank you! After trying and trying to get it all the way through, and FINALLY getting it, I posted the song to Youtube. The next morning, I got up early, made coffee, picked up my Flea and played the song start to finish without any mistakes. Figures....