Why mm stan needs a Collings ukulele...

H

Hippie Dribble

well, c'mon all you Collings owners, lets tell him.

Bruddah Stan is curious about Collings ukes but suspicious about the 'hype'. Here's our chance to sell him one...why would you recommend them? What are the outstanding features of a Collings ukulele that make it a 'must have' in a collection? :)

Most flawless production uke on the market. The higher level Collings are honestly pretty expensive for what you get IMO but the entry level UT-1 series is an absolute steal of a deal at $1100. If you want something amazingly figured and decorated, honestly, Id go with Mya Moe and get a full blown custom to all your specs for less money. But, if what you want is an amazingly constructed, almost unbelievably light weight, resonant uke then get a Collings UT-1 in whatever wood you desire. I have played UT-1s in mahogany and koa and they were both marvelous.

Most flawless production uke on the market. The higher level Collings are honestly pretty expensive for what you get IMO but the entry level UT-1 series is an absolute steal of a deal at $1100. If you want something amazingly figured and decorated, honestly, Id go with Mya Moe and get a full blown custom to all your specs for less money. But, if what you want is an amazingly constructed, almost unbelievably light weight, resonant uke then get a Collings UT-1 in whatever wood you desire. I have played UT-1s in mahogany and koa and they were both marvelous.
YEAH!!!! NOW THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKIN BOUT!!!!!

(you read that Bruddah??? Ha Ha!!!)

Ha Ha ...Yeah tell... Not that I don't trust you..hee hee You know I do... this thread may make me weak and get one...
Okay ..what is the difference between the models...is there any difference in sound or just asthetics... I want a balanced tone and clear note separation..
how is playability and comfort... what about resonation and substain??

OK Stan my friend, listen up. As you know, I have bought and sold a few ukes. But my Collings mahogany UT-1 will never be sold. It is strung low G with Worths and IMO it is the perfect marriage. It is light, loud, and has the best balance of any of my ukes. Pegheads rule and the build quality is flawless. Their cases are great too. Nuff said.

Oh, Eugene, you are bad. Feeding someone else's UAS. Like we all don't have enough trouble with it on our own????
Good luck trying to resist, Stan! He's good.

Oh, Eugene, you are bad. Feeding someone else's UAS. Like we all don't have enough trouble with it on our own????
Good luck trying to resist, Stan! He's good.
oh D...you must be talking about that other Eugene, yeah he is bad and conniving and the rest of it...stay away from that guy ha ha :cool:

Collings fans, listen up, rare opportunity: I was at The Music Emporium on Thursday afternoon and they had a used Collings concert available for (I think) $800. It was (again, I think) a UC1. Excellent condition. If you're interested call and ask for Tim. Tell him Marc (the guy who bought the Kala tenor) sent you! No, I don't work for them.

Collings fans, listen up, rare opportunity: I was at The Music Emporium on Thursday afternoon and they had a used Collings concert available for (I think) $800. It was (again, I think) a UC1. Excellent condition. If you're interested call and ask for Tim. Tell him Marc (the guy who bought the Kala tenor) sent you! No, I don't work for them.

Awe I called and it is sold...they had a mahogany concert satin for 1050.. a koa concert for 1350 and a UC2 for 1600....
I know Mark had one and sold it...wonder what he thinks...

Last edited:
Awe I called and it is sold...they had a mahogany satin for 1050.. a koa for 1350 and a UC2 for 1600....

Crazy times! That was fast! They probably just got it on Tuesday or Wednesday (I was there on Monday too). The crazier thing is that someone went in there and sold it to them for like $400 or $500. Crazy times!!

Crazy times! That was fast! They probably just got it on Tuesday or Wednesday (I was there on Monday too). The crazier thing is that someone went in there and sold it to them for like $400 or $500. Crazy times!!
what's goin on Stan...you beat me to the phonecall...I just got off the phone too and they told me it was sold...what? You competing with me for Collings uke buys now... :p

Mind you mate, those mahogany concerts are a great buy for 1000 and so worth it. I don't believe there is a better sounding concert uke around at that price

What Andy quoted you 1000.. he quoted me 1050....shoots.. Hey you getting in on my deals eugene...ha ha hey you one fast bugga....hee hee...
anyone would like to sell me their collins for 400 - 500 bucks... I pay cash right away...come on the economy is bad now...everybody needs cash...:eek:

Mahalo Uke_dude, the uke is sold but thank you for the heads up on it... anybody else got leads... no tell Eugene okay...:eek::):)

What Andy quoted you 1000.. he quoted me 1050....shoots.. Hey you getting in on my deals eugene...ha ha hey you one fast bugga....hee hee...
anyone would like to sell me their collins for 400 - 500 bucks... I pay cash right away...come on the economy is bad now...everybody needs cash...:eek:
first name basis these days Stan...shucks...those guys must be sick of the sound of my voice by now he he :eek:

this thread is cracking me up!

Stan you will be happy when you get one. Words can't describe. I think people really like em or not but for me the neck shape is perfect and I can play them better than anything else I tried. But this is pure personal opinion for what works for me. Collins is helping me progress faster and that is priceless for me. I'm selling my other Ukes so I don't get tempted to start switching around again.

Hey Jon...tell me you didn't sneak behind me and got it from Andy...
Yes John...I like thin fast necks too... one of my improtant requirements...thank you for the input...
Dana, What you got one too...wow you never told me...shoots...
Checked wit Gryphon Stings....and they have 2 concerts..1400 and 1800 anybody got leads....

Last edited:
If you are looking for someplace with a few in stock, I was at Gryphon Strings this week and they had a few.

If you are looking for someplace with a few in stock, I was at Gryphon Strings this week and they had a few.
Artisan Guitars in Nashville do as well, and Elderly Instruments have a couple...oh Stan, they're everywhere mate :drool: :)

Top Bottom