Concert Ukes!!

chloechords

Reaction score
I'm looking for something different from my very old (And sadly battered) soprano ukuleles. I've been looking into getting a concert for a few months now but thought I needed some proper advice on what to get. I'm not looking to spend over £100 and just some tips on what brands make the best concert ukuleles :)
All opinions will be very much appreciated :)

(Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area :/ )

For the money that you've got to drop, I'd recommend the Lanikai lu-21c. I've had one for a few years now. It's definitely a budget uke, but it's treated me well and I love playing it. Mine's taken a beating, but held up remarkably well from all the abuse that my daughter (18 month old) has put it through. :)
Hope this helps ya out!

I have a Ohana CK-20S that at that price and love it. Solid mahogany top and laminate sides & back. Brown med Worths sound great on it.

Aloha Chloe,
Keep an eye on our marketplace for awesome deals and be patient..buying second hand will give you a better
ukulele for your budget...also post a WTB in the marketplace..good luck..let us know how it goes.
Oh welcome to the UU forums too.. maybe a oscar schmidt...there is a KPK in the marketplace now ..just a
little more..because it's US dollars ..

Hi chloe, welcome to UU, some good ukes already been mentioned Kala also make some great ukes check out the southern ukulele store in Bournemouth and see what they have got, they give a great service and the ukes come set up

If you want to try some out, there's always Hobgoblin in Manchester, kinda close to Chester.

Curly's in Liverpool has a few nice ukes too.

Last edited:
:agree:
I have a Ohana CK-20S that at that price and love it. Solid mahogany top and laminate sides & back. Brown med Worths sound great on it.

If you can get a solid top Ohana concert for 100 quid, jump on it. Likely as good a sound as you'll get for that money.

If you want to try some out, there's always Hobgoblin in Manchester, kinda close to Chester.

Curly's in Liverpool has a few nice ukes too.

Thank you :) Where abouts is Curly's? I'm in Liverpool quite a lot so I may go have a look round :)

I assume you get the train into Liverpool, so if you walk out of central station turn right and walk up towards the Adelphi hotel, right next to the Mc Donalds on that road. Theres also Dawsons on the same road but they only seem to stock really cheap ukes.

Theres alsoa little music shop called something like one note but its a right pain to find.

Top Bottom