Uke Player looking for some advice on buy a new baby

bradleyz

Reaction score
Hey guys, me name is Brad and I have been viewing these forums (specifically the chords/tabs section) for about 3 years now w/o finding the need to input my opinion/knowledge on any topics. HOWEVER, after about 4 years of playing the uke (acoustic version), I am looking to upgrade my collection.

What I am looking for:
An electric uke that is either solid body or hallow and is considered top-end/ high quality

My price range is 100-250 bucks and I would prefer something I could order nowish and get within 10-14 days bc im going on vacay in a couple weeks and would love to bring it along.

My favorite body styles would probably be a les paul, strat or an SG
and my favorite colors being red, black, or sunburst

Anyways if you guys could give me your input I would greatly appreciate it....thanks and ttys

Hey guys, me name is Brad and I have been viewing these forums (specifically the chords/tabs section) for about 3 years now w/o finding the need to input my opinion/knowledge on any topics. HOWEVER, after about 4 years of playing the uke (acoustic version), I am looking to upgrade my collection.

What I am looking for:
An electric uke that is either solid body or hallow and is considered top-end/ high quality

My price range is 100-250 bucks and I would prefer something I could order nowish and get within 10-14 days bc im going on vacay in a couple weeks and would love to bring it along.

My favorite body styles would probably be a les paul, strat or an SG
and my favorite colors being red, black, or sunburst

Anyways if you guys could give me your input I would greatly appreciate it....thanks and ttys

Your best bet would be to check out Mim's ebay store. She's a uke seller and member here on UU. Amazing customer service and she'll definitely have something in your price range. I myself would buy an Eleuke if I had your budget :) Take a look at her store and get in contact with her.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mims-Ukes

Yeah, I think ukeshale is right.
If I was you, I'd go right to Mim. (I love the blue flame mahogany tenor.)

I don't think you could get a top-end paperclip for $150-$250. Oh, never mind. It's $5.50. Stupid internet, ruining my biting remarks.

There's a BIG difference between solid-body ukes (in your pricerange, I'd go with the Eleuke Tenor Pineapple) and acoustic ukes with pickups. Epiphone has the Les Paul Acoustic-Electric Concert Ukulele Outfit, which looks like a Les Paul, if not a Strat, and it's $99.00.

I have a unique setup to my Eleuke Pineapple that I'd like to share. I have steel strings on it. They're harder on the fingers, but if you have any plan to play your uke through effect pedals, it's the way to go. In particular, I use these strings, strings 2 through 5 (I use the low G because that's how I roll):

dr%20neon%20orange%20on%20guitar%20unlit%20-500x500.jpg

Thanks for the shout-outs yall...

You can always contact me directly too :) ... I cant keep up with orders and my ebay store sometimes, and orders are always first (need a MAJOR catch up day... but it aint happening... and I aint complainin)...

But yeah, there are some Eleukes just flatly not available right now unfortunately, and stock is low even for me, but I can always take a little off if you contact me through e-mail: mimontheuke@aol.com

UU PM works too... BUT... it is WAY hard for me to keep up with! So e-mail is always best!

If I dont have what you want, I totally send you to who is the best to get it from. I am all about you getting the right uke for you, but with proper set up and customer service... so I can send you in the right direction if I dont have it!

I checked out her ebay shop and tbh none are really my style....I was interested in epiphones model but I am skeptical about their quality....can anyone give me any insight on the build quality of this model?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk...paul-acoustic-electric-concert-ukulele-outfit

The Epiphone Les Paul you're looking at is not what I would call top quality / high end as you were asking about in your original post. That being said, I played one just last week for the first time, and was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty nice for a $100 uke.

I don't think you could get a top-end paperclip for $150-$250. Oh, never mind. It's $5.50. Stupid internet, ruining my biting remarks.

There's a BIG difference between solid-body ukes (in your pricerange, I'd go with the Eleuke Tenor Pineapple) and acoustic ukes with pickups. Epiphone has the Les Paul Acoustic-Electric Concert Ukulele Outfit, which looks like a Les Paul, if not a Strat, and it's $99.00.

I have a unique setup to my Eleuke Pineapple that I'd like to share. I have steel strings on it. They're harder on the fingers, but if you have any plan to play your uke through effect pedals, it's the way to go. In particular, I use these strings, strings 2 through 5 (I use the low G because that's how I roll):

dr%20neon%20orange%20on%20guitar%20unlit%20-500x500.jpg
Could you explain a little more about these strings?

In the price range that you specified, Eleuke is pretty much all there is and Mim has a great reputation on this board. The Epiphone is cool, but it seems like the people on this board who own one AND like it, did additional setup work on them.

If you look on EBay you'll find some Mahalo models and some Stagg or clones of these that look pretty cool, but are not very well thought of as far as I can tell. Eleuke has a good reputation and so does Mim.

Top Bottom