Hallelujah - solo ukulele

Nuprin

Reaction score
I've been working on this for awhile...it's not quite like Jake plays it but it's not too far off. Guess I could have saved myself some trouble and just gotten his book!

Anyway, playing Jake's arrangement of Hallelujah (originally by Leonard Cohen) on my Kamaka HF-3. I tried to do the big stretch and it wasn't going to happen. Changed the 0-2-5-9 to 0-9-10-9. Sounds relatively close and a whole lot easier.

I just got a few pedals for my "acoustic rig" so I wanted to test them out. For this video I used an LR Baggs Venue DI with a Fishman AFX Reverb pedal going into a Roland AC-33 acoustic amp (all battery powered). Recorded using an Audio Technica AT2020 USB mic. Pretty happy with the current setup. I took a quick picture of the rig:

IMG_0562.jpg

On to the video:

Last edited:
I'm loving the cover ! Good job.

Hey Chris!!! It's a nice rendition man!!! I forgot that you have a Kamaka, it's nice to hear you on it....it sounds quite different from the MB or LFDM....it might be the set uo that you use also....but anyway, it does sound very good!

It' been a while, I didn't practice any new song, I might give this song a try on my LFDM....I've been practicing more recently my saxophone...

Talk to you soon bro!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Hey Chris!!! It's a nice rendition man!!! I forgot that you have a Kamaka, it's nice to hear you on it....it sounds quite different from the MB or LFDM....it might be the set uo that you use also....but anyway, it does sound very good!

It' been a while, I didn't practice any new song, I might give this song a try on my LFDM....I've been practicing more recently my saxophone...

Talk to you soon bro!

I was planning on using my LFdM for this song but it's been sitting in my luthier's shop for over 2 weeks waiting for him to install a pickup! He has a pretty big backlog of instruments right now so I'm just waiting my turn...I'm definitely getting anxious though. His shop is located in the music store I work in (he rents out a back room from us) so everyday I have to walk by and see it sitting there...frustrating.

Wow, sweetly played! Very very musical, really brings out the feeling of this wonderful peace.
It truly is an inspiration. :worship:

My wife loves this song, and I hope to "woo" her one day with my own rendition.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Well done, beautifully played!

Top Bottom