Unboxing a Kanilea Aldrine Guerrero signature model uke

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
I arrived back home yesterday and the mailman only gave me a uke box with a Martin 3M in it.

Comically, I was dissappointed because I was just wanting to get my hands on the Kanilea Aldrine Guerrero uke. think about that. I got a Martin 3M in my hands and I'm upset. Its funny now but yesterday, I was upset. Jetlagged and upset. So I went to sleep at 4 pm hoping tomorrow would be better.

So today at work, the mailcenter sent me an email saying I had a package. I got excited but remembered I had also sent myself a package of book music and shoes and clothes.

Anyways, the package arrived and its from Hawaii - Kanilea . Serious fist pumping action at the mailcenter.

so, I get to debox 2 ukes at the same time. It may be interesting. Velly velly interesting.

Pictures to follow as soon as I run some errands and maybe watch a movie or two.

What?! Such a tease!

I didn't even know Kanilea made an Aldrine signature model. How am I supposed to concentrate through four hours of class?

Can't wait for the pics.

I couldn't get out the door to do my errands. I was too excited.

And I was also curious to see if the uke and its case survived the shipment because there were some damage marks to the box and .. well. it survived. the case was in perfect shape . Perfect and unblemished. Whew... I was relieved.

but the case sure felt light. Did they forget to pack the uke inside the case?

I opened the case.......

oh, have I shown you guys the picture of my new baby boy. Here he is waking up a couple of weeks ago.

mojo wakes from sleep.jpg

Truth be told is I have learned that I love him more than ukuleles. Don't tell anybody because my wife disagrees with me and points to all my ukulele babys and says I love them more. Women and their intuitions!!!

here is the fine black case the Kanilea may have arrived in. Nothing was rattling in there and it sure felt light.

kanilea ukulele case.jpg

I put the case on my clothes hanger / ironing board.

I did find the Aldrine ukulele in the case. awesome!!

I'll start out slowly for you as I have taken it out and played it (untuned yet) - FREAKIN AWESOMEST UNTUNED sound ever.

so, before we get into it:

Here is a picture of the rosette that lots of people posted about saying they hated the rosette. I would have to honestly say if you actually had this uke in your hands, you would not hate the rosette.

I dig the rosette. I think its real purdy. I do. I hope this photo does it justice because if it doesn't, I'll post some more.

aldrine T rosette.jpg

Last edited:
Sung as a bug in a rug. The Aldrine T inside its case.

time for me to go get dinner.

kanilea snug as a bug in its case.jpg

Hey Frankie you teaser.....darn you..congrats..show us your damn ukulele..ha ha have fun man and happy
strummings...how much did that one set you back... what a martin and three collins...how many ukes do you
have now?? if you cannot give all your ukulele babies full attention...I will adopt them from you with no fee.. ha ha
shoots I wish I had a disposable income like you...rats Oh you finally posted a picture..
nice bro...send it to me to break in for you.. I promise I will send it back I think:eek:

Last edited:
Howzit Frankie,

SWEET!!! :cheers: Did you upgrade to the Gilbert tuners?

Talk about disposable income ... don't you also have a custom DeVine uke in the works as well??? :drool:

I'm VERY, VERY JEALOUS!!!

Seriously though, I attended the 2012 NAMM SHOW and had the privilege of playing the Kanile'a Aldrine Signature uke that was on display. That is one AWESOME uke for sure!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Aloha,

Kimo

Howzit Frankie,

SWEET!!! :cheers: Did you upgrade to the Gilbert tuners?

Talk about disposable income ... don't you also have a custom DeVine uke in the works as well??? :drool:

I'm VERY, VERY JEALOUS!!!

Seriously though, I attended the 2012 NAMM SHOW and had the privilege of playing the Kanile'a Aldrine Signature uke that was on display. That is one AWESOME uke for sure!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Aloha,

Kimo

I spent about 40 minutes playing the Kanilea just now. Its a tenor and I am used to Concerts so it took some time to get my fingers working right and the strings went out of tune at 20 minutes. This tenor obviously has more volume and ringing to it. There were "squeaks" from the new strings on the nubone but its going away. When I first was tuning it, it sounded like birds chirping; but, it has disappeared the more I strum it so its not noticeable.

I did not get the Gilbert tuners because I was ordering them on a Aldrine uke when Kristen told me the 2012 NAMM uke was available without the Gilbert tuners (no wait on special orders); so the decision was made to take the NAMM display uke cause I got zero patience for waiting and Gilbert tuners - I likely don't have the skill to even know the difference yet.

Yes, I ordered a Devine and that is so far into the future that I keep putting it out of mind. Thanks for reminding me and making me all fidgety haha.

I am supposed to sample other ukes to compare to this Aldrine Tenor tonight; but, I'm thinking I better sleep for an early day at work. I am afraid I'll stay up all night if I start rolling on the ukes.

Here's the cycle. work - disposable income - spend disposable income - work - disposable income - spend disposable income - work. I'm right now on the work part of the cycle so ... its hopefully gonna be a short night of playing.

Excellent looking ukulele! Can't wait to see more pics. Can we please see a few of the Martin 3 also?

Beautiful ukulele Frank. When I saw the pic I thought that the grain looks similar to my Moore Bettah. I'm sure that it sounds great.
005-2.jpg

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah. Man I am TOTALLY jealous, congrats on the purchase. You are one very lucky person :)

sheez Frank...that's one long dinner mate...like lunch with the work crew on a Friday afternoon ha ha :p me, I've long run out of popcorn

Its 4 am now and I got to get ready for work by 6:30 am. let's see if I can squeeze out some more pictures.

DSC05005.jpg

DSC05006.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom