amazing uke

Aloha G2..Gary,
Good morning...someone posted this uke on the forums already....if you zoom closely you can see the intricate
work on it for it's time...I think it looks unique and cool, but not worth the price as others has the same sentiments
yet it is unusal, and it is for a collector rather than us players.. saying that...if it was a couple hundred, I may
have intrest I think..ha ha hope you having an awesome weekend..

Thanks Stan, I didn't remember that hit had been posted here and mahalo, as always, for the information. I'm not a collector by any means, I can say that because I do play all my ukes <g>. So I'm not bidding just curious about the history of these ~20's ukes. It certainly is impressive if high priced. Of course unique items can be priced at whatever you can get for them, but maybe this isn't unique.... just curious. g2

I must have missed it the first time as well.

Stan is probably correct when he said it is not really for players. A Supertone is not typically a wonderful instrument. Just the same, they did know how to do it right on occasion in Chicago, and with the finish on this one, it might be an exception.

Still, I'd be afraid to damage a finish that nice. If I had it, I'd be very, very careful, and that's not really "ukulele" to me.

For a true collector, I'm not sure that price is so far fetched, though it has been a number of years since I bought and sold "colllectibles". The finish is truly as nice a decorative work as any I've seen. It's very reminiscent of Bocote. We have some pieces with very similar color and figure (though the artist took some license with the random grain pattern). I wonder if any of our Central American wood happened to wander up north early last century.

Top Bottom